FIFA vs PES

woah yeah i’m up for it now deffo! I find the idea v.exciting. I’m pretty big so you’ll prob have to use two hands so it won’t be regulation, but i won’t complain even if you do manage to beat me off

2 Likes

Please don’t make it too hard though Bearsy, I’m not very strong!!

1 Like

Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 is out tomorrow. Presently rocking 87 on Metacritic. Might have to be a PC purchase for me though, as her ladyship has taken the PS4 to London.

Not really played on my console for last 8 years or so.

Contoversially, I used to prefer This is Football at the time to either of FIFA or PES.

First impressions, great. Two goals from my first game.

1 Like

And this is just fucking ridiculous.

1 Like

What the flying feck have they got us wearing.

And why is there so much jostling between the players?!

Kotaku’s take on the showdown

I couldn’t give two shits if women are included or not, but it is piggy backing, come on be honest if it was a stand alone game they would have made it wouldn’t they?

Womens tennis springs to mind…

You couldn’t give two shits, yet then go on complaining about it? Makes sense.

I’m all for it if women will become more interested in their own game and boost their poor attendances.

So I can confirm that PES is easy enough to turn into a licenced up thing with official kits and suchlike. This is on the PS4 version. I’m not sure that it is possible on the XBox One. I modified Southampton and Liverpool so that myself and juvenile unit #2 could have a game. That still leaves the game way behind on official stadiums, but it goes a very long way to addressing the game’s biggest problem. Quite craftily too, I might add.

There seems to be a much greater emphasis on attacks. At times, the players are so fluid I’m reminded of ISS 64, a game I bought an N64 for. Looking forward to a few more games this evening, but think I’'ll be importing the rest of the Premier League before I get properly stuck in.

So Pes is better? I haven’t played football games in years.

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

I’m all for it if women will become more interested in their own game and boost their poor attendances.

Women’s football average attendance 2014 (pre World Cup): just under 1k.

Mens cricket average attendance: approx 3k.

Does that “poor” rating also apply to men’s cricket?

Apples and oranges Lou apples and oranges.

That’s it Bazza, give little Miss Pankhurst your shopping list!

2 Likes

In what way, Barry?

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I consider cricket a shit minority sport that shouldn’t get half the coverage it does. But we’ve got to be consistent here.

I mean, if it were down to me, I would ban cricket for being such a fucking shit and unpopular sport. In fact, off the back of cricket being so shit, I would extend the banning to all men’s sports, because, as cricket demonstrates, all men’s sports must be shit and unpopular.

2 Likes

It would appear I’ve solved everyone’s problems. Best go get that beer.

I assumed you were heavily into the margaritas already.