Feminism

Topical.

Today I’m surrounded by really fit women. No seriously!

Working as well, our 1st full on live in front of an audience 5th rate mobile app and software developer stuff.

See, told you they were fit.

Great initiative, all sorts of Olympians and Global Sports Branding types, even some names I recognise like Alan Pascoe - not got a selfie yet though.

It’s a 2-day discussion of how to improve participation and funding and coverage of Women in sport. Sort of thing that should make the news but won’t.

And joking apart great to see so many schools bringing their Athletes here to get inspiration. If I could be bothered I could be in one of the halls tweeting live updates to my 2 followers but not allowed to take tobacco products inside and damned if I’m going through security every 45 minutes for a smoke.

And als want to get away and down the pub as quick as possible.

Now for a Maccies lunch

Absolutely this, Intiniki. And I don’t doubt for a minute that if women were the dominant group, there would be plenty of examples of misbehaviour. Power corrupts.

And to add, it may be white middle class women who have opportunity to have the loudest voices at the moment (and they have every right to) this also benefits women in poverty, and women in poverty gaining a level playing field, has significant positive impact on those in poverty in general.

That’s why I always go easy on him, even when he’s at his most ridiculous. That and his love for Willie Nelson.

1 Like

Saves on tinsel this time of year

4 Likes

It feels that way srs :lou_sad: Where did it all go wrong? We like to stride through the world in a testosterone fuelled frenzy, puffed up with our own self importance, trying to dominate on ppl. That’s what we like! And for a while we had it all. Even now, tho my bird works harder than me, and earns more than me, I like to come home, stride through the door and be like, Woman! Where’s my dinner! But even those little pleasures are not long for this world rip.

We’ve traded away our priviledges, we forgot how important they were to us! We didn’t see it coming! Give 'em the vote. What actual harm can it do? Let them wear trousers, it’s cold out there. Cut your hair short if you like it. Why should they earn less? Look at us now! Handwringing & apologising cos some dickhead MP touched another dickhead MPs knee, or whatever it was. It’s pitifiul. It’s over. We’ve made eunuchs of our selves . I read a thing the other day saying that balls have been shrinking over the last two generations, most kids born today, they’re rattling round like two peas in a wellington boot. I wouldn’t be surprised if they disappeared entirely, sometime in the next 10 yrs.

4 Likes

Did the potted plant consent?

1 Like

Yes. Um… I mean, er, I’ll have to ask my friend to confirm that.

I see that Alec Baldwin is getting flack from Rose McGowan and her friends for suggesting that she delayed justice by accepting a pay off from Weinstein. She also accused him of doing nothing about the rumours of her rape to which he responded that it was for her to prosecute. I think he has a point on both counts. Her childish response does her no favours either. Her friends are intimating that he is saying it is her fault that Weinstein carried on assaulting women. No it isn’t, obviously. But the point is if she and others had gone straight to the police all those years ago then you would hope that would have put a stop to his activities earlier.

Aw, sweetie, don’t worry. There’s lots of evidence that women are up for more sex when men do a bit of cleaning in the house. So it’s not all bad news!

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone has a right to judge or comment on what Rose McGowan should or shouldn’t have done, unless they’ve walked in her shoes.

You keep referencing the ‘should have gone straight to the police’ point of view, SOG, and I find it incredibly insensitive, and surpirsing from you, given you’re normally very sensitive to such matters.

2 Likes

Did it survive?!

I am 63 and also come from that era when we called women chicks and birds. The difference is virtually everyone has moved forward except for Duckie. It’s hard to fathom how someone can still talk like that and expect to be taken seriously. Probably just as well that we are not talking about race. It would sound like an episode of Love Thy Neighbour. For the record Duckie, touching women up just to test the water and see if they are up for it is no different from Trumps idea if grabbing them by the pussy. You can call people snowflakes all day long but it won’t deflect from the fact that you think that sexual assault is ok.

It’s thriving…

4 Likes

You haven’t met Mrs BTripz, if I do any cleaning I get accused of accusing her of being lazy!!

7 Likes

WOW!!!

1 Like

Sounds like you’ve got it made, BBB!

mostly @coxford_lou , mostly

It’s usually What have you done?Who have you done? What or who do you want to do? in chez CB

1 Like

Meanwhile, it doesn’t help.

I’ve just spotted Ms Bosomworth checking in as a speaker for the conference. Thank gawd I’m not Bearsy eh.

And BEFORE you start she’s a Board Member of Sport England and runs the “This Girl Can” campaign.

She’s part of a panel discussion on Inspiring Behavioual Change.

Now there’s a subject that could (and should) go global

(Oh and for those pedallers, Tricia Thompson is also on the same panel. And if you don’t know who SHE is you should be shot.)

Take me out now. I’ll forego the blindfold…cuz I’m a MAN. :lou_wink_2: