Feminism

I dunno how beltch gets away with it. Here he is, posting disgusting stuff about women knowing their place, it being right for Google to employ more paps than baps, and in any case it’s their own fault for not being mentally ill, and even Lou is upvoting on him!

1 Like

Yeah, but sometimes my upvotes are just giving moral support for someone expressing a view I don’t agree with, but still welcome hearing.

ie. I’m patronising him coz he’s a man. :lou_wink_2:

4 Likes

Here’s a good article debunking GoogleBoy’s analysis…pretty much from every angle…

1 Like

About half of my company is made up of actuaries and about 50% of them are male and guess what, the other half are female. All of them do a brilliant job, despite having no ability to properly interact with non-actuaries. To be fair they generally can interact with the real world.

My (non actuarial ) division is split 50:50 m/f - and for Barry, lots of non white Anglo Saxon Christian folk. All are paid on ability not by their sex - or race.

I like to think we don’t need feminism in my particular workplace - outside my particular office door it’s a different world I guess.

I work in sports media which is so entrenched in male bullshit. And the amount of vitriol on social media that some (Bianca Westwood, Sky … Seriously if you read the tweets she gets, for having the nerve to be a woman and talk about football. It’s horrific and involves rape and other things … really :slight_frown:

Probably a cultural thing, I dont know :laughing:

Another example of everyday sexism? Clarks have released a range of shoes for girls’ called ‘Dolly Babe’. The boys’ version of the shoe is called Leader. So there we are; girls are dolly babes while boys are leaders.

3 Likes

What is stop you from buying Dolly Babe shoe for boys, and Leader shoe for girls? Is girl/boy feets inherently different, or is there some kind of Law or Store Policy preventing it?

I don’t imagine Clarks themselves care v.much who buys it. If market forces indicate that boys like Dolly Babe shoe, I spose they will move them to boy section quick enough. It’s same with dresses & bras in Topshop. Why are they always in Girls Section??? Asking for friend.

1 Like

@bearsy srs question, srs

How many ladies do you employ to dig holes?

Well, none. I don’t think that is completely My Fault tho. I wouldn’t be against it, I’ve just never had one apply.

1 Like

i did have a black once tho

1 Like

I also give a cerebral palsy guy a go once, not so much digging holes, but setting out TM & stuff. I ended up having to pay him £10k at an employment tribunal cos Mick called him a “cripple”.

1 Like

I’ve also got to pay an admin girl £24k cos the gangster who owns the company phoned her from spain (where he lives) and told her he weren’t gonna pay maternity leave lol.

1 Like

Up votes are for the honesty not the content (which was quite funneh TBH)

1 Like

lol, reminded me of this

What, a black hole?

Bravo, Taylor Swift:

4 Likes

To go with 'mansplaining, we now have ‘hepeating’.

My wife reckons she well and truly recognises this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/ab1eaf4a-c794-420a-929f-253695ede704

This made me chuckle. I used to work with a team of mostly women and I lost count of the times my input was shepeated!!

2 Likes

As I’ve pretty much worked in female dominated workplaces it’s not something I’ve come across. Just wondering if my male manager feels shepeated. My partner feels a bit sorry for him having to manage me and 5 other women. I don’t think we are that bad. We only challenge him occasionally.

2 Likes