Farage to be Ambassador to the US

Donald tweeting that Nige would make a good ambassador and Nige apparently welcoming the suggestion.

A great idea from a forward looking president elect, or an inappropriate intervention from a complete cunt?

Its not protocol but it will get right up the noses of the establishment which is always a good thing, its also not a bad appointment as a free trade deal with the states could be on very quickly.

What the fuck has it got to do with any body’s government accept our own who the ambassador is complete bollocks from Trump and Nige would of course welcome it because he will be out of a job when Brexit actually arrives

3 Likes

The thing is Farage has always been there supporting him, us leaving the EU is a great chance for us to get the free trade deal with the US, I think both parties would want it as it could mean Trump could do deals and Britain could work outside the EU, in truth this must really really piss off the remoaners as this is probably a favourite to happen and will rival or dwarf the deals with the EU.

You really do talk utter shit.

6 Likes

Hey Donald, how about you concentrate on your own appointments, eh?

1 Like

Two great examples for our ageing population.

It’s never too late to re-train for a new career.

3 Likes

We only export about $5bn more to the US than Germany, let alone the rest of the EU. How exactly would a trade deal with them dwarf the EU?

Free trade = more trade.

Do will still make anything to trade?

1 Like

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Originally posted by @JxgrSaint

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

The thing is Farage has always been there supporting him, us leaving the EU is a great chance for us to get the free trade deal with the US, I think both parties would want it as it could mean Trump could do deals and Britain could work outside the EU, in truth this must really really piss off the remoaners as this is probably a favourite to happen and will rival or dwarf the deals with the EU.

We only export about $5bn more to the US than Germany, let alone the rest of the EU. How exactly would a trade deal with them dwarf the EU?

Free trade = more trade.

Currently we pay a very low trade tariff, getting rid of it wouldn’t suddenly result in a massive spike in demand for UK goods in the US (UK exports have a long run elasticity of demand of 1.1)

Farage is clearly sent to us from fifty years ago but if we could collapse the pound a bit more, and I suspect we can, the US will love to trade with us whether he is there or not.

And by our own efforts we can increase the value of the Euro and revive our own industries - in fact we could reopen all closed factories, just like Trump is going to.

So our first priority must be to reopen all the old coal mines.

Diplomacy

How many boxes does he tick?

A lesson on supply and demand for the Under 5s is probably pitched too high for him, but thanks for trying

It is too much for me, I for one always thought we had a trade deficit.

10 Likes

Why is Farage shagging Dublin?

1 Like

The funny thing about this is that it won’t even be that surprising if it happens. Nige will love the gig. All embassies are technically on their own country’s native soil, so I can see him strolling around the grounds looking for Frenchmen to cuff.

Originally posted by @PhilippineSaint

Why is Farage shagging Dublin?

Because he is done shagging Britain?

1 Like

Trump and Farage…both trying to dodge fraud investigations.

They make a nice couple.