:saints: Fan feedback

Tell them most people think £14.95 too much for the PPV. We’ll all be on pirate streams.

1 Like

:+1:

This has been added to the agenda

1 Like

Bazza…you’re not a season ticket holder so STFU.
I’m quite happy with the piece-meal refunds.

5 Likes

NOOOOOO…
Dont let them know streams exist!

Ffs,
They’ll get Fatima to scam all the sites with denial of service attacks!

Yep - the club has been perfectly fair with refunds and options throughout this year

2 Likes

Just between you and me, I think they already know about the streams.

3 Likes

This - I’d pretty unthinkingly and very happily pay £5-10 per game but £15 really does feel like they’re taking the piss.

I’d say the former represents the cost in hassle of finding a working stream. Anything beyond that and I think most people start to question it.

What really sticks in my craw is that this is yet another thing to benefit the fans of big clubs.

Assuming no fans at games this season so all televised either normally or PPV - hypothetical Liverpool fan who already has Sky, BT and Amazon would pay £60 extra for the season under this scheme to get their 4 non-televised games.

Saints were televised 8 times the season before last (before Covid changed the rules at the end of last season) so that would cost us £450 on top of those other subscriptions to watch legally…

4 Likes

Hmmm, it’s almost like forcing fans to buy a season ticket for the shittiest seats in the house. :thinking:

Can you pay for the PPV even if you don’t have a subscription?

Just don’t cross the streams…

2 Likes

Life, you’re not a fucking cocker spaniel either and that has fuck all also to do with the offer by the club.

Obscure trolling…good try. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

1 Like

Good boy, sit down.

You can get day passes on NowTV for the Sky games - think there’s something similar for BT

Sorry, should have done some more research before posting the question.

It appears that you don’t have to have a Sky or BT Sports subscription to buy the PPV games as they will be broadcast on the “Box Office” channels…

That’s only for the “chosen” games. Not the PPV.

A few takeaways from the meeting:
They know the discount vouchers for ST holders had problems but now mainly sorted.
LD were built on a business model of selling content which mainly was to come from Saints. But with Covid there was no content to sell so they went under. They’re from Taiwan, btw, had 300 staff.
Club had to find a new sponsor fast. Betting company not ideal but Saints believe they are a more ethical company and are also starting an initiative to support gambling addicts.
All shirts will be replaced (keep the old ones). They’re UA but unbranded because of time scale.
Saints are currently losing £3m a month, total of £22m due to Covid so far. They had to pay £12m back to broadcasters because of the break.
Martin Semmens described the MU /Liverpool Big Picture plan as utter nonsense and disastrous. No benefit for Saints whatsoever.
Bubbles for the return will be reassessed in November. 12% of ST holders have opted not to attend. Fans will be allocated to their own stand as far as possible.
Not very keen on the PPV scheme but have little option as Sky/BT won’t keep showing for free, so the only (legal) way to let fans watch. Don’t know if any of the PPV fee will come to Saints. Basically, PL have sold the product to Sky/BT and have no control.

The club were very open, honest and clear in answering questions. I was pretty impressed.

11 Likes

Thanks Shroppie.

Cost of doing business. Business is still very good. It’s the re-lapsers :smiley:

All you need to know about gambling firms and their ethics are:-

a) They take bets on WWE
b) They literally make all of their money from losers who thought they could predict the future.
c) They know, deep down, that the problem gamblers are their residuals. They do not have swanky offices and billions of pounds off the odd, occasional harmless punt.

2 Likes