:thefa: 🏆 FA Cup 5th Round 2024 - :liverpoolfc: Liverpool v Saints :saints: (Live on ITV, UTV, STV and ITVX)

:thefa: :trophy: FA Cup 5th Round - :liverpoolfc: Liverpool v Saints :saints: - live on :itv_logo:, UTV, STV and ITVX

Predict the :liverpoolfc: v :saints: Outcome
  • :saints: are fooked, :liverpoolfc:'s creche going show them how to play, :liverpoolfc: to win
  • :saints: win in normal time
  • :saints: win after ET
  • :saints: win on penalties
  • :liverpoolfc: win in normal time
  • :liverpoolfc: win after ET
  • :liverpoolfc: win on penalties
  • Reckon Dippers will much rather chase PL title and Europa bollox than be worried about the FA Cup. They’ll put out the nippers. Time to go full :muscle: and get back to winning ways.:saints: to win

0 voters

Hotel booked.

Fuck off, Klopp!

2 Likes

https://x.com/sfcawaynumbers/status/1755268483661656075?s=20

:eyes:

https://twitter.com/sfcawaynumbers/status/1757831075076723144?t=IVE9txsv1g-ASHP0S_a_qw&s=19

1 Like

It’s all those northern plastic Saints fans obviously :roll_eyes:

Let the humiliation commence.

I was going to head into town & stalk Saints Mike from Twitter to watch the game.
I now feel a light dose of possibly Covid coming on, not wasting 20 quid on being publicly humiliated

:pray: for the 5000+ going to the nightmare

Dippers have rested Salah Nunes for our game
Chelsea diving in. So far 5 dipper players left in crumpled heaps so Poch is trying)
Gravenberch going off on a stretcher 25m 1 down

1 Like

Reckon Dippers will much rather chase PL title and Europa bollox than be worried about the FA Cup. They’ll put out the nippers. Time to go full :muscle: and get back to winning ways.

Their nippers scare me more than their crocks returning…

https://twitter.com/SaintsSocialite/status/1761862346195009720?t=jNzzjgz3Av_IhbRmkbPEnw&s=19

1 Like

Yeah, sorry, don’t believe him one bit.

Salah and Nunez are “injured”, of course they are.

2 Likes

Liverpool fans are deluded.

They are convinced

We’re gonna beat them.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

https://twitter.com/SaintsSocialite/status/1762398696736514305?t=RA2AVj6t_4MkmSj6NPzHTw&s=19

Poll added to the OP

1. Liverpool v Southampton: Pick of the stats

Here are the key facts and figures before Wednesday’s FA Cup fifth-round tie between Liverpool and Southampton:

• Liverpool have won each of their past four FA Cup meetings with Southampton, most recently a 3-0 fifth-round victory at Anfield in 1989-90.
  • Southampton have lost their past six away games against Liverpool in all competitions, and are winless in seven (D1) since a 1-0 victory in the 2016-17 League Cup semi-final.
  • Liverpool have alternated between progression (five) and elimination (four) in their past nine FA Cup fifth-round ties. They beat Norwich 2-1 in their last such match in 2021-22.
  • Southampton have progressed from three of their past four FA Cup fifth-round ties, including twice in the previous three seasons. However, they did lose against Grimsby Town at this stage of the competition last term.
  • Southampton’s Che Adams has been directly involved in four goals in his past three FA Cup appearances (two goals, two assists), twice as many as he was in his first 18 games in the competition (one goal, one assist).

‘If you don’t get excited - then you’re probably in the wrong game!’

Russel Martin says he and his team are “excited” to play Liverpool and it’s “a brilliant opportunity to see how far we’ve come” this season.

Southampton, who travel to Anfield on Wednesday for a place in the FA Cup quarter-final, face a Jurgen Klopp side that only days before lifted the Carabao Cup.

“There’s always pressure but I think no one will expect us to get anything outside of this building,” said Martin.

"The challenge for us is to be the team we want to be. I say that every week but now we’re going to Anfield, an amazing place to play and they have just won a cup. If you don’t get excited for that or embrace that challenge then you’re probably in the wrong game!

"It’s one we’re all looking forward to. The challenge is to go there and be brave and aggressive and see how far that can take us.

"It will be a brilliant atmosphere I’m sure. I’m going to stand in the dugout next to one of the greatest managers we’ve seen in the Premier League. I think it’s amazing what Klopp has done, not only on the pitch but to bring a city together and connect with the community like he has.

“This is a brilliant opportunity for us to go there, go toe-to-toe and see how far we’ve come and how far we have to go.”

This is going to men vs boys

Unfortunately the boys are going to kick our arse

1 Like