:thefa: šŸ† FA Cup 5th Round 2024 - :liverpoolfc: Liverpool v Saints :saints: (Live on ITV, UTV, STV and ITVX)

they will not be able to reach with there little legs

https://x.com/SaintsSocialite/status/1762586050906464643?s=20

Iā€™m not saying Liverpool are fielding a young side tonight.

But Southampton have been advised that their players will need a CRB check.

https://twitter.com/SaintsSocialite/status/1762771736943079646?t=3XY5HGHxeXP1LDO2br_z_A&s=19

https://twitter.com/AlfieHouseEcho/status/1762764581821141266?t=HxyWU1dvPnLkCTq_bVV1Eg&s=19

Perspective
https://twitter.com/DuncanHolley/status/1762816121520988241?t=AyFskHkdaRZi05wgOa8Xog&s=19

Photo credit: @lifeintheslowlane taken from a Canberra

Once a cnut always a cnutā€¦

Liverpool v Southampton: Suttonā€™s predictions

BBC Sportā€™s football expert Chris Sutton has made his predictions for this weekā€™s FA Cup fifth-round ties.

For all eight games he is up against Kaiser Chiefs bassist and Leeds fan Simon Rix

Suttonā€™s prediction: 3-1

Southampton have hit a bit of a sticky patch but they are still going to play the same way and be open and expansive.

They will give Liverpool room to play and the fact the game is at Anfield should help Jurgen Kloppā€™s side too, whether he goes with the kids again like he did at Wembley, or not.

We do not know if any of the big guns will be back for Liverpool after missing the Carabao Cup final, but we know that, as a team, they are hungry for trophies.

In fact, Klopp will be gluttonous, and want to win everything in his final season in charge of the Reds.

Saints will be brave but Liverpool just love to press teams and are so good at it. That will probably be the difference.

Simonā€™s prediction: 2-1

I would love Southampton to have a long and fruitful FA Cup run so they are not thinking about promotion, but I really cannot see it happening for them. You have got the ā€˜Jurgen Klopp farewellā€™ factor because I definitely think everyone is doing it for him at Liverpool at the moment, but also Saints have now lost three of their past four games in the Championship after being on that long unbeaten run, so they are not in particularly good form.

But then heā€™s not really wrong :man_shrugging:

Them only scoring 3 would be a relief!

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to see this evening played like this

Not sure Lumley Meghoma, Stephens, Charles Mara, Brooks, Dibling et al have that level of shithousery in them tbh

I watched that earlier, only 1 card shown during the game!!

It was amazing the way the players just took it, no histrionics, not much retaliation. Just dust down and get on with itā€¦

1 Like

Exactly :+1:

1 Like

No problems there, donā€™t dish it out if you canā€™t take it was the order of the day.

Every team had their hatchet men. At that time Saint, Dennis Hollywood was known as the baby faced assassin.

In Dennis Lawā€™s autobiography he says during a game at The Dell he caught Hollywood with a nasty tackle early on. Hollywood just gave him a cold stare and Law never touched the ball for the rest of the game. :rofl:

1 Like

Ooh, Terry Hurlockā€¦ :flushed::flushed::smile:

2 Likes

Actually I had the privilege of being hacked down by Denis Hollywood in a Sunday League game.
The game kicked-off, the ball passed to me, I turned to shield the ball as he advanced and he felled me. Ref blew and Denis checked if I was OK, ā€œYepā€ I said, ā€œI consider it an honour to have been fouled by youā€ :lou_lol:

The Baby Faced Assassinā€¦

2 Likes

Shock horror, Lord Slowlane tugs forelock and grovels to his footballing superior

I hope the staff didnā€™t witness it.

:wink:

Feckin typical.

Saints on telly and me in hotel bar in Brizzle and having bagged prime seat to watch the match on big telly as loud as I like, and in walks a colleague who Iā€™ve been working with today on getting rid of some dead wood. Didnā€™t realise he was booked in same hotel.

Heā€™s not a son of the soccer field so doesnā€™t want to watch the footie.

Ffs- Heā€™s the dead wood for next time :rage:

No the staff are unaware of my Achillies Heelā€¦deifying Ex-Saints pro footballers. :blush:

The B team are going to give their all!