🏆 FA Cup 3rd Round - :saints: Southampton v Shrewsbury :shrewsburyfc: (Live on :bt_sport: Sports 2)

I dont even know how to get there :rofl::rofl:

Accidentally with an exclamation of “oh fuck I’m in Shrewsbury”

2 Likes

Quick facts

Shrewsbury is the county town of Shropshire, in western England. It sits inside a loop of the River Severn, and its Tudor centre is lined with half-timbered houses. The medieval, red-brick Shrewsbury Castle houses the Shropshire Regimental Museum, where military artefacts include uniforms and weaponry. St Chad’s Church is defined by its unique circular nave, and St Mary’s Church has elaborate stained-glass windows.

Sounds a riveting place to visit…

I did actually work with someone from Shrewsbury. He styled his hair in the manner of Bart Simpson (he’s mid 30s) and is professionally insane.

Still doesnt tell me how to get there :rofl::rofl:

Even the school for the blind decamped to Hereford, which tells you how grim Shrewsbury must be.

1 Like

After reading that why would you still want to go??

1 Like

Work your way around Birmingham somehow and head vaguely west, with any luck you’ll miss it.

1 Like

Come on guys let’s not poo-poo Shrewsbury out of hand. How about a @sotonians jolly-boys outing …anyone?

https://bookings.hunts-coaches.co.uk/Tour/Delights-of-Shrewsbury

No? I thought not :wink:

Rumours abound that we’ve had a few more positive tests and the Club is in talks with Shrewsbury about postponement (or worse … forfeit). All gossip obvs but interesting turn of events.

Reckon football is about to get a month off

You utter utter BASTARDS.
A whole thread dedicated to abuse of the County Town of one of our own.

And on this, the 2nd most Holy Day of Christmas - 3 Kings Day, unless you are othodox/Coptic when tomorrow is more Holy.
Hang your heads in shame and apologise to @s

Exclusive: Significant number of positive Covid-19 cases in Shrewsbury Town squad leaves Southampton FA Cup tie in major doubt | Shropshire Star

More that Shrewsbury are riddled

Well bugger me. They’re the plague rats !

I don’t know about Shrewsbury , but i hope there will be a Sotonians Survivors piss up when this plague is finally over. Would be great to get together and swap war stories. First round on me.

3 Likes

Yep.
It will be held here when we play Cracovia in the UCL

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/amp/news/pontifical-university-patents-beer-giving-drinkers-taste-of-the-middle-ages-57603?__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes

Should bring back some happy memories for
@lifeintheslowlane

4 Likes

Early 90’s I stayed there twice on cricket tours. Couple of decent pubs and we did walk into their ground at the time, Gay Meadow (MOT’s next name?) for a look round and were shown round by the groundsman. Even had a kick about on the pitch, until we realised the pubs had opened.

@sotonians have long memories when it comes to offers of free beer - best come prepared so start selling your house/partner/children/possessions/yourself (delete as applicable)

1 Like

or maybe not??