🖕 ⚽ F**K OFF, Premier League

That League Cup game against Brentford had just a single commentator. It was garbage and just sounded odd. A bloke talking to himself essentially.

Discuss.

See the existing Big Picture thread

1 Like

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

3 Likes

And now this:

Fifa have obviously decided that the world cup trough just isn’t big enough

Essentially Europe’s top clubs are too billy big bollocks to waste their time playing FC Genk/Malmo/Mitjiillandnnd in the early stages of the Champions League.

Let them fuck off then.

1 Like

I don’t think they’re fucking off to it. Looks more like a replacement for the champions league.

That’s a shame. Got my hopes up there. It’s the hope that kills.

1 Like

Hmmm. Yes let’s all watch Utd v Bayern v Barca v Juve v PSG v Ajax every season, at least 4 times per year. That will be great!

But with no qualification for the chosen few. Guaranteed participation for 20 years.

Dunno about that. If they manage to get a league of 18 teams then I can’t see how they’d play domestic competitions (34-38 league games plus cups) and play 34 games in the super duper mega-fantastic European league as well.

Although the article quotes sources saying that the possibility of outright club defections from domestic leagues was not on the new tournament’s “short-term agenda” I really can’t see how any club would do both.

As ever, it’s all about money. And, as ever, it’s a bucket of wank. To be honest, I can’t see many supporters of even the great big mega-clubs being too keen on this. Though that’s probably a minor issue to the clubs’ owners. It’s the TV money that’s making them cream their pants.

5 Likes

Is it the TV money? Probably more likely the prize money that’s underwritten on them paying it back from the TV money. Can’t see many TV companies splashing the cash on TV rights for it though…

Possible. But I’d think it just as likely that they’d remain in the national league, ditch the EFL cup, expand their squads a little (sanctioned by the FA because of the extra games,) and play their weaker players in the PL.

1 Like

Yeah, because millions of people around the world will be happy to continue to pay out up to $100 a month to watch WBA v Burnley instead of Barca v PSG.

Fighting this break away needs little englander mentality to be parked Sky/Bt subscriptions are only a small part of the real market.
In a future where streaming rules, content is King and all sorts of organisations would see this as a cheap way to enter new international markets

It needs responses that aren’t “localised”

I’d rather watch cheese mature than watch manure in some sort of CNN wank off competition :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Its the English League and our history and depth make it what it is, unique, fuck tv money and let others have their own league of substance like ours, they can’t so bollocks.
Little England and parochialism is what makes our football special compared to others wank.

1 Like

Totally agree.

Bit this war has to be fought with an understanding of the global market & future media trends.

A good example is cutting the top 6 out of the football Pyramid.
The UK reaction would be the traitors deserved it. Top 6 wouldn’t give a shit.

But what WOULD hurt the Top 6 would be losing the millions in International TV revenues while their pathetic game starts up.

It’s about $$$ take 6 months of $$$ away from the top 6 and the owners would soon see a different problem.

The English League would survive without them, we’re the only League system on the planet that could, no pyramid is deeper than ours anywhere and the fact we’re parochial and not cling on glory day tripper bastards actually saves us so the liberal sandal wearing cunts can thank pricks like me again…