👨‍🔬 Experimenting with Google Perspective

Yes I got the warning when I posted the colloquial term for a “lady part” but as we know when used on the interweb thingy it has no female connotations. I can’t understand why it’s considered likely to cause offence , surely it’s a term of endearment.

I know Google seems to be the be all and end all, but they’re already filtering content because it doesn’t fit with what The Man wants. Page impressions on left-leaning sites have gone through the floor.

Fuck them. I don’t care if the cunts spider us or not. They’d probably de-rank us if they did.

1 Like

This has been going on for years. Web Bots have always been able to filter out websites that allow profanity…they’re simply flagged and if the potential visitor has activated a swear filter that website is not returned in a search.

That’s the reason the large website on which I moderate has a zero tolerance to profanity…not out of moral outrage but ensuring commercial availability.

This is slightly different in that this isn’t just a text match for profanity. Instead it’s a trained model that looks for patterns of speech that might lead to a ‘toxic’ discussion. For example, It might flag something aggressive that has no profanity near it.

It was initially trained on the comments made whilst editing Wikipedia. Being a model that gets trained more and more it will get more accurate the longer it learns.

It works, I have been flagged but then again it was not unexpected… nor did it make me modify my response.

1 Like

No-one cares about your stupid features so just wind your neck in before it all gets a bit tasty.

No warning.

1 Like

Typical of you…posting without any though that the recipient of your bile might just have feelings. :rage:

No warning.

I said ‘Boner’ and that got me a warning… would I have got it had I said ‘erect penis’ instead?

Can’t filter out dubious images either…
220px-Cerne-abbas-giant-2001-cropped

Yeah, but if were captioned appropriately, say “@saintbletch on the towpath”, Google would be in there like swimwear.

Context, new kids.

2 Likes

Sorry I’m late - have been at work today

Is it broken yet?

If not, try this

cunt arse, bum fondling racist paedo, fuck face

We call him Elon Musk

edit - no message telling me to edit this so it looks like we have the law on our side

1 Like

I got a message suggesting I edit my post

Job done.

You can turn it off now @saintbletch

Pigfuckers.

Motherfucking pigfucker cunts.

I don’t seem to get any warnings. Am I immune, Bletch - you utter cunt?

You need to “hard refresh” your browser (which simply means pressing Ctrl + F5 and/or Shft + F5) and then post bad words.

Oh yeah, I forgot that bit, you motherfucking pigfucker cunt.

Got warned that time. Thanks Fatso, you’re a top chap.

If i don’t refresh, can i call you personally, a cunt and a pedophilia, at the same time and do it perpetually?
More seriously, this a bad thing. Just consider the possible uses. It’s all being implemented for a reason and free speech isn’t it(Huxley is what it is).

Edit: yeah, no problems whatsoever.
I could say, Alexander Boris Pfeffel Johnson ,the inbred right-wing, fascist retard, fucks the the empty skulls of dead African children(through their melon lips obvs) after he’s scooped their brains out with a spoon.
It doesn’t give a shit. I’m still free and Google(notice the capital, I didn’t do that) the American SS startup are the most undemocratic cunts on the planet.