šŸ‘Øā€šŸ”¬ Experimenting with Google Perspective

OK, this is very geeky but I donā€™t know what the public implications of it might be so Iā€™ll post it here in case you see some ā€˜leakageā€™.

Google is developing a means to decide if text entered into public forums might be ā€˜toxicā€™. Toxic text might be insulting, rude or perhaps even racist / illegal.

Discourse allows us to check the content of the posts as they are entered, to see the toxicity level and then, IF WE WANT, take some action.

My understanding is that we can configure Discourse to tell us before we press reply if the post might be offensive.

As much of what we right on here is likely to be offensive anyway, my hunch is that weā€™re going to get lots of false positives. But it might also be useful for the odd occassion.

Weā€™ll see.

If it interferes too much, weā€™ll just turn it off.

Details on Google Perspective here.

* Image credit.

Fuck Google.

3 Likes

Lol.

Fuck you, @pap.

Cunt.

Lol. Iā€™ve been automatically flagged for my post.

You havenā€™t, @lifeintheslowlane.

Perhaps because itā€™s not directed with a ā€œYou ****ā€?

Be careful children. This is a bit hair triggered at the moment.

Want a fucking bunch of wank stains you all are, youā€™re not fit to lick the yellow jizz stains off of my undercrackers!!!

Me likey but then Iā€™m a snowflake, liberal flip flopper!!!

Yeah, but for the moment Iā€™ll turn off the flagging and moderator notification. Otherwise all our TL3 users will be in the Conference playing Bertwhistle Town.

I think youā€™re an idiot, @btripz.

Lol. No flag for that. Seemed it felt it was fair comment.

You are a complete an utter imbecile, @BTripz.

Iā€™d concur with that sentiment anywayā€¦

Still no message. I will have to dial-up the sensitivity.

Bletch is a cunt

I didnā€™t get flagged

1 Like

Hmm.

Perhaps itā€™s the fact Iā€™m a cunt?

Or Iā€™ve broken it?

Want a fucking bunch of wank stains you all are, youā€™re not fit to lick the yellow jizz stains off of my undercrackers!!!

Yeah, that is a copy of what @BTripz posted that produced a warning and I didnā€™t get it.

Iā€™ll open the bonnet.