šŸ”„ šŸ’° Energy costs

Interesting energy linked to gas price. butā€¦

We actually do have gas storage facilities in Alton from the oil wells which have depleted they are filled with gas to aid pushing out what remaining oil is in them and for gas for the winter.

1 Like

Just had a switch deal offered for gas and leccy from British gas if we fix until end Sept next yearā€¦ā€¦

ā€¦.wait for itā€¦.

ā€¦.Ā£758 a month / Ā£9,096 a year :scream::rage:

Working back our usage, even on the variable rate weā€™d never use that much!

At todays variable rate

That might look like a good deal in three months time

1 Like

Yep, energy price rises were forecast well before Putin invaded Ukraine.
The hard reality of this lack of Government intervention is about to bite big time. There will be loads of small businesses, charitable organisations, welfare centres, etc that will be forced to close because of this. And what does that straw haried fat cunt say - buy a new kettle. Fucking idiot.

7 Likes

I am staying away from Europe as long as I can Far east here I come.

3 Likes

Maybe, but theyā€™re doing fuck all to help though.

Thereā€™s no need for the UK energy prices to be so high - the energy companies are showing the morals of an alley cat selling gas overseas to the highest bidder and fueling (sic) inflation further. They could (should) be compelled to think of the UK first - imho obviously

You poor naive fool. :roll_eyes:
They think only of who will give them freebies/money.
And have done for years

1 Like

We have effectively outsourced gas storage to Europe - stupid, I know because it has bitten us right on the arse. Usually we would export during the summer and import from European gas storage in the winter

We will have more strategic gas storage after this I suspect, although that is not much help now.

The only thing that the govt could do is to cap prices which in turn will mean the taxpayer pick up the bill and god know how many billions that is going to cost

I have a fixed deal - can I get out of it?

Fixed deals allow you to pay for energy at a set rate for a set period of time, but you are locked in.

Plenty of people whose fixed deals have expired in recent months may have considered fixing again, given the outlook of rising energy prices.

This has been an extremely expensive option, but one which some understandably chose to take given the eyewatering forecasts of soaring bills.

The prime minister did not mention fixed deals in her statement.

However, it is understood that suppliers are being asked to discount current fixed deals or allow customers to transfer to the cheaper variable deal without a penalty.

If you fixed within the last 14 days, you can cancel without charge.

I was offered much the same by British Gas back in July when my fixed price tariff ended, the new fixed price tariff they offered me was way more expensive the the variable rate tariff so I decided to stick with the variable.

Glad I did now.

2 Likes

1 Like

Oh reallyā€¦

Can someone tell her to fuck right off. Now.

I would like to nominate my energy provider, Octopus, for a ā€œwhoā€™s a big cunt ā€œ award.
In July 2021, they emailed me, and said they would recommend a monthly payment of Ā£243.44: this, apparently, would put my account in a good position, and could probably be reduced to Ā£216 in July 2022.
I worked out my payment (based on the same stats as they had), and reduced my direct debit to the figure I had worked out.
Suffice it to say, if I had followed their payment plan, my energy account would now (before receipt of any Boris money) be in excess of Ā£1,000 in credit.
Assuming they have 3,000,000 customers, and 50% of them follow the payment advice they have been given, my friends Octopus would probably have over Ā£150,000,000 in their bank account which didnā€™t belong to them.
If they receive the suggested award, it would also have to be given to all the ā€œenergy providersā€.
Cunts and fuckers the lot of them, and we are all being ripped off.

3 Likes

ā€¦and which wouldnā€™t be repaid if they strategically ā€œwent bustā€. It would simply be added to the costs of the new provider to be retrieved from the population in general, which is the bit that really boils my piss. :rage::rage::rage:

3 Likes

That was one of the worries going through my mind, as well.

Can you not ask for a refund and just pay the correct cost by DDM? says the bloke still on a fixed tariff for a little while yetā€¦

My account is not hugely in credit, because I work out my own DD, and do not accept ā€œsuggestions ā€œ by the provider - my example was to show the consequences of blindly following provider suggestion.

1 Like

Yep. I got a refund of my most of my credit balance, just a few weeks before the prices started to go bonkers.

1 Like