Elections to the Sotonians Soviet

I’d sooner vote for McCartney.

hi tokyos i have read the rules v.careful and pap clearly says that it is count of “net” votes, which is i.e. upvotes less dvotes. I think this aspect is overlook! what we is do now is harpoon our competition by giving them all dvotes. We should do this 5mins befoe deadline tho to avoid tit-for-tat. and be careful not to mention on frm or pap will close this loophole srs he is such a bender!

6 Likes

oops that was spose to be pm

1 Like

FFS bear, that was going to be my secret weapon but I was only going to use it 5 mins before Lord Pap finally gave notice that the vote would end. Now every fecker will be using it. Don’t worry, I will use all of my logins to full effect.

3 Likes

Such is life B.

1 Like

It could be quite fun tho! I’m picturing everyone on frm as finish line approaches all doing frantic backdoor deals and preparing to screw each other over in final flurry of d.votes. It will be just like West Wing!

I don’t think Tokes is going to have a problem. I think he’d make a spectacular Minister of Licking Other Forum Members’ Post Party Toilets with Tongue. It’s a high profile office, but an austere one. He’d have a staff of one - him.

I hope he considers this important office of state.

… just a wee bomb of a comment… surely given the fierce defence of the ‘democratic spirit’ demonstrated in recent events, I am surprized that Pap (and fellow Brexiteers) has ‘elected’ to go with a voted for committee (mps) as opposed to offereing decisions on the future of the board to all memebers via a vote (referendum)…

… Will the newly elected board of the bored (see what i did their?) follow the ‘will of the people’ in all things, like our bunch of wet, selef preserving MPs, or suggest they were elected to follow their own ideals and POV?

I think we should be told ! :lou_is_a_flirt:

1 Like

Can we exepct that level of ‘banter’ at the farmhouse pap or do you raise your game for the big occassions?

We stopped doing The Old Farm House ages ago, and I think it’s presently closed.

You could always be Minister Of Southampton Is Not My First Team, or Minister of What The Fuck Is This Southampton Place Anyway, And What Happens There?

In short, yes, theoretically, at a different venue.

I’ll level with you. If you want me to get on a train, you will have to raise your game.

Fair play, Minister for Inexplicable Personal Aggrandisement.

Would you be willing to give up that position? You do it so well.

1 Like

Well, we’ll mark this sad day, I suppose.

He went to sleep satisfied in the knowledge that he’d done a good job, the votes were in the bag.

Today, @tokyo-saint is reduced to one-liners.

You asked me to raise my game. Raise your fucking word count and complexity, bee-hatch.

Dragons be here. Usual fire, please. Cease your impressions of these unimpressive posters.

Given all this talk of Ministers, has driven me to try and think of cunningly simple yet highly amusing puns or associations that link such exalted positiosns with the pap’s web modus operandii…

Sadly i could come up with none that are funy, and only one of moderate amusingness…

_ The Axe-minister _ - Repsonsible for ‘guesting’ posters by rolling them up in an old carpet

… how I rolled across the aisles at this one…

The bar is set very low, so come on you miserable twats, get you thinking heads on and invent some suitable ‘minister’ gags…

1 Like

Keep up, @areloa-grandee

I devved stuff like time limited edits and deletes so that’s never an issue anymore.

Guesting has been over for months.

Ministry of Papaganda and Agitation ?

:lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

** Papaganda verb… eg to have a papaganda -** to cause a ‘twitch’ when peaking from behind the forum ‘curtains’ in tracking posters activities - Contemporary take on Orwellian dystopia

1 Like

In the name of ALL that is Holy.

PLEASE don’t keep the voting open for 4 weeks as well…

How are any of the forum mortals ever gonna get close to the weekly top 10 posters when the Tokyo Bot is programmed to spout wisdom on Voting Threads every 30 seconds.

And Pap? Didn’t you EVER learn anything from the old Muppet Show MVP Awards Voting systems?

:lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes

Soup anyone? :lou_lol:

4 Likes