EFL Cup Final - Manchester United vs Southampton Match Thread

Thanks to still being a little drunk from last night, I am feeling optimistic enough to start this thread, I am giving away my match thread V to the most important game for Southampton FC in recent times.

I don’t ask for much in life, all I want is a cracking day to remember, with good company, good booze, a happy atmosphere (like Russ), beating the Mancs 1-0 and Monday off work.

We’ve got 2 weeks to build up the frenzy now, no pressure in the league, all our focus on this one game, for those of us lucky enough to have tickets, lets make no mistake who will be the loudest and proudest in Wembley. For those watching at home or in your local, party and sing like you’re there with us, we all have our part to play.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!

21 Likes
1 Like

We are doomed.

We will be embarrassed beyond belief. Bed Wetters will be leaping from the Upper Levels long before Half Time.

Zlatan will score a hat trick faster than Mane. We’ll have at least 3 players crocked for the rest of the season.

In fact we are all wasting our time and money in going, it will just be distressing and disheartening.

Just give up, send me your tickets, I’ll donate them to worthwhile charities

3 Likes

Here’s hoping that United get attacked with scythes in their next few games.

3 Likes

Sam Gallagher will do the right thing :lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

Injuries to Ibra, Mata and Pogba would be most welcome.

My Dad has given up his ticket for me in an incredibly selfless act, so i’ll be coming to the game! Can’t wait to see us walk out on that Wembley turf again.

As for the game, I reckon one team is in for a smashing. Which one, I have no idea.

5 Likes

Can’t understand why you didn’t want me to start this thread :lou_sad:

9 Likes

If I were you I’d be fuming at @btripz for stealing your opportunity to redeem yourself, our 4-0 tonking of Sunderland should have been yours CB :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Bertrand to Tadic to Gabbiadini to slot it underneath De Gea in the 83rd minute will do me

5 Likes

I’ve just fished my 1976 Cup Final rosette out of the drawer… just needs the ribbons ironed. I’ll post a picture when it’s done.

Saints to win 1 - 0 of course.

Come on you Y E L L O W S !

or W H I T E S

or R E D S

…whatever.

6 Likes

Brave man there Gav, brave man to take us into the most important game since Fabrice Fernandez went round in circles in Wales… you must have balls of steel!

4 Likes

Ssh. Just be glad Jonah had nowt to do with it :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

I do what I can Chutters :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

We are going to shock the world, with flowing football and precise finishing, that dominates the big spenders.

0-2*. A stunner from JWP and a Gabbiadini turn and blast. That should be a very high odds scorecast :lou_smiley:

Man u will then become the new Liverpool and try to buy half our team. Surprisingly Les will say no.

Oh and @barry-sanchez will hail Puel as a genius(had to put something unbelievable in).

*i reserve the right to change this at any time over the next 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Apparently Under Armour have been asked to make special kits for Stephens and Romeu, with pockets in the shorts to accomodate Ibra and Pogba :lou_wink_2:

7 Likes

4.30 on a Sunday is some kind of bullshit.

I couldn’t give a fuck about Manc fans getting home but if we win I’ve no idea how I’m supposed to get home from Wembley and get to work sober by 8.30 on Monday morning.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s a billable day gone. Fuck it. Doesn’t happen very often, and there’s no way I’m not getting pissed.

Unfair, he didn’t want to do it, I (selflessly) stepped into the breech to spare him from any further mental harm!!

2 Likes