EFL Cup Final - BEERS BEERS BEERS

I met him. The answer is probably.

1 Like

Theydon Bois, 4pm. You want him to miss the start of the game?

Can we all come and leave the bill?

1 Like

Ha, true.

Just let me know where and when and Iā€™ll be there!

EDIT: Theydon Boisā€¦dont bloody think so.

Better get started on my training thenā€¦

Not on cup final day, please. Anyone that wants a fight next Sunday has over 30,000 mancs(southerners really) to choose from.

Maybe about time to put your differences behind you both. A genuine apology to his face would go a long way(i hope).

No bad blood next Sunday.

2 Likes

I could be worse, he could want to talk to you.

My bro contacted me this morning asking how we were getting to Wembley. Weā€™ve got coach travel at Ā£23 each. That is very much the ā€œinsurance planā€.

Itā€™s marathon training. Iā€™m gonna run if heā€™s bigger than me.

4 Likes

Baz the pub I suggested is close to Kilburn: feel free to suggest another pub

I think you misunderstand. Barry has noo need to name a pub. He wonā€™t so much be in Kilburn - he will simply be Kilburn. Kilburn, in turn, will be Barry. It will be something like this:

except with Barry instead of John Malkovich.

3 Likes

I will be about but meeting others but hopefully will defo catch up, when we win not sure of Trafalgar Square, Hoxton, Shoreditch or Southampton City Centre for the night out.

That works for me, I can get a coach to Victoria and then tube up. Would we go there afterwards too or are people thinking of other places.

Asking as undecided as to what coach to book for return time, 20:30 or 22:30. I guess the later as getting out of Wembley and down to Victoria after the match would make 20:30 very close.

These plans donā€™t seem elaborate enough.

For my lot itā€™ll be the first or second train up from Southampton Central; sink a couple at The Waterloo Tap and then move on to the Southbank Market for some form of breakfast. Another couple there (at The Hop Locker) and then on to The Understudy. Slightly longer walk to Craft Beer Covent Garden and then Brewdog Soho, before a brief tube journey to Marylebone and on to Wembley.

Might pop in to The Green Man to soak up a bit of atmosphere, but certainly not to drink whatever piss theyā€™re serving.

If we win, goodness only knows what will happen afterwards!

3 Likes

0818 Lime St to Euston, Iā€™ll be supping in the taxi to the station.

1 Like

Of lot of people I know are going to Kilburn (Green man,Wembley also) in particular, itā€™ll be very busy, well looking forward to this, could be the best day for a long long time in football terms.

1 Like

I will be going for ā€œfoodā€ with my normal pre Saints game foodā€¦ KFC, then running up Wembley way as Spider-Man outfit singingā€¦ Runing round Wembley, running round Wembley, with myā€¦

COYR!!! Or whites, whatever we are!

Yep this place has W Hampstead tube 150 yds away plus two Overground stations. Or 10 mins walk to Kilburn station (next stop).

I am up for meeting at opening time somewhere on the way up from Waterloo (Ideas anyone?), then this place and say The Green Man for the final pre-match shouting!

I suspect afterwards will be very much on the hoof. If we win, it will be carnage for sure :beer:

2 Likes

Waterloo Tap is virtually outside the station and opens at 11am. 7 cask beers, 20 keg beers and a bottle selection. Not sure what itā€™s like for other forms of booze, mind.

Very much (un-)prepared for post-match carnage! :beer::beer::beer:

1 Like

This used to be the pub I went to for every away game in London in my teens and early 20ā€™s, is a great shout.

Hole in the wall used to be mine.

4 Likes