EFL Cup Final - BEERS BEERS BEERS

Haven’t really been following the thread or the forum much but we ought to try and get an absolute crowd in Covent Garden before the game. Lets face it we’ll probably get dicked, so lets at least make sure that the morning of the day is ours at least

1 Like

Wash your mouth sonny!! We are going to win, and watching Mourinho spit the dummy big time is going to be the icing on the cake :cool:

6 Likes

I had better take some binoculars then. From we’re i’m sitting, it’s going to look like a Lowry painting.

@mrtrampoline Wash your mouth out indeed. Try being positive, we’ve got to the final without conceding a goal. We’re probably the favourites :lou_lol:

Cheer up, we are about to rewrite history.

Kilburn, then straight up to Central.

1 Like

Somebody tell me where you’re meeting and when and what time you plan to move on to Wembley and I shall make my travel plans accordingly.

So far, it goes like this.

A pub, somewhere in nw London.

Next Sunday.

Don’t know, but before kick off.

I’m not being very helpful am i?

By my reckoning, there are 3 distinct drinking sessions to work out. There’s the pre pre game drinks (ie Saturday night) which is primarily for those heading towards Wembley really early to miss the traffic chaos on Sunday morning. Then there is the genuine pre match drinks, somewhen between pub opening and about 4pm on Sunday, and then there is the post match celebration/drowning of sorrows.

Would love to be back in Southampton celebrating a famous win, but unless we do it in 90 minutes and really get out of the ground pdq, I can’t see much happening late on a Sunday night.

What is the general consensus ?

Are any of them close to a definite location yet?

Bravo Baz for your double success: a post that I have upvoted, plus its not slagging off the club

Think Bucks’ idea of somewhere along the Jubilee line is a good one

2 Likes

As long as we end up in The Green Man for a sing song :lou_lol:

1 Like

Happy to do Jubilee Line…

2 Likes

Believe!

2 Likes

It will be a Sunday.

We will meet at Lunch Time.

Matters NOT where the Pub is as long as I can get a PROPER BLOODY SUNDAY ROAST!

In order to warm up for us roasting the plastics…

And…

Ha Ha … good luck finding a table or even a seat in any pub within 20 miles of Wembley on matchday :cool:

Strangely there are a few Pubs in london

And from Google

There are over 7,000 pubs in London so I guess assuming everyone heading for Wembley goes to a Pub that is 1.7 people per Pub.

So quite easy to get a seat then

I think it may be a little more crowded than that Phil

Even my basic maths makes it nearly 13 people per pub thats with Wembley being about 90,000 people

Ok so I will start with a suggestion. This place looks decent, has just been refurbished, will certainly be packed once we get get to mid PM. Its halfway between Finchley Road and Kilburn tube.

https://www.railway-pub.co.uk

Happy for anyone to suggest a better place :lou_lol:

2 Likes

I’m going to Kilburn so bollocks, if any of you are there thats lovely if not thats lovely, Wembley will be rammed and Kilburn is just dwn the road.

I like that as I can get there easily from Richmond…

Have I got to take into account the fact that Barry Sanchez might beat me up?

Cherts.

You’ll be going to the Pub I tell you to go to at the time I tell you to be there.

Simples

AT the moment The Queen Vic is favourite

http://www.mcmullens.co.uk/queenvictoria

About 16:00

I’ll just leave the bill at the bar :wink: