🇾🇪 Don't mention Yemen

:roll_eyes::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::lou_facepalm_2:

Only if it fits the agenda…

https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1071530638854025218

Hope…

Yemen war: Truce for lifeline port city of Hudaydah - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-46555059

https://twitter.com/NAJ562/status/971661397326213121

1 Like

I’m no expert on Yemen but what will happen if we (rightly) leave western Yemen, what of the Country as a whole?
Will it be an Iranian staging post on which they can boss their affairs next to Saudi?

Is Iran the new Russia?

Yemen is the proxy war between Saudi and Iran if thats what you mean, what is the relationship between the two?

Oh its close, now I see…

It is very deep Bazza, not a black/white goodbad issue so be careful not to fall down that rabbit hole.
But very simply you have Shia Muslims who do not believe that Sunni Muslims are worthy of protecting The Holy Sites of Islam.
Won’t debate it just giving an indication of the depth of the issue.

1 Like

I hope so, because then we can finally confirm that Barry just rails against whatever bad guys the Western media feed him.

This incarnation of Iran (1979 onwards) has never waged aggressive war. The Saudis are in Yemen right now, killing and/or starving civilians, using weapons the British sold them.

Barry supports the Western coalition. He implicitly supports the Saudis because they’re part of that.

Let’s hear his moral equivalence, shall we?

Western intervention shoudn’t apply to the Middle East, I’ve said this a million times, they need to sort out their issues themselves, Shia and Sunni sectarian wars are nothing to do with the West and can not be blamed on the West, proxy wars can though and many are guilty including Russia, US and UK.

So to answer fully again Pap I don’t support any coalition or intervention in that zealot place, we had ours split from state and church 500 years ago, the same revolution needs to happen here and once again I’ll reiterate only when the women are free from oppression and can vote, work and leave the house with any one they want will we see real change.

https://twitter.com/2flamesburning1/status/1074002271153913856

I know we are talking Trump here, but even so surely the USA are better than this aren’t they? This is just so uncivilized.

Five opposition leaders have signed a letter sent to the foreign secretary calling for the UK to end arms sales to Saudi Arabia on the fourth anniversary of the war there, saying it has contributed to a catastrophic humanitarian crisis. Of course it will do no good, but it is a good reminder of why, amongst other reasons, the Tories don’t want an election. Corbyn, with cross party support would end the sales overnight. May has hinted at the threat of calling an election to try and get her crappy WA deal through, and it terrifies them. Despite all the bullshit polls putting Labour 20 odd points behind, just as it was before the last election, they know different. Never mind all the bravado about Corbyn being unelectable and the rest of the nonsense, the reality is that an election is the last thing they want. Hence the ramping up of the hysterical anti-semitism, and institutional racism in the Labour Party nonsense. Interesting that Chukka, Luciana and the rest of the Independent Group, saw fit not to sign the letter. I wonder why? Instructions from their sponsors perhaps? No concern at all for the men, women and children of Yemen who are being systematically slaughtered. But alleged name calling and bullying is beyond the pale What a bunch of vile, self serving hypocrites they are.

2 Likes

Absolutely shameful.

The ruling on arms sales being unlawful by the court of appeal is the best piece of news I’ve read this year, especially if the ban is not overturned.

Of course, people are already trying to justify the sales, particularly with respect to UK jobs, the fear being that they’ll go.

I doubt it. There will be other countries wanting weapons. I can live with selling to countries for defence purposes.

What I find difficult is when we’re flogging them to aggressor states that are more interested in attack.

4 Likes