šŸ“ŗ Documentaries

He was definitely bad.

1 Like

You know it.

1 Like

Shamone.

1 Like

This is a cracking watch when you have a spare hour.

1 Like

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/paul-heaton-from-hull-to-heatongrad/on-demand/69389-001

1 Like

Loved itā€¦like him a lot as a person too.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

So this debunks what they say? Or confirms? I donā€™t have 30 mins to spend on this.

Itā€™s called the Lies of Leaving Neverland.

The two star witnesses and their parents are basically undone by prior testimony. Their stories have changed multiple times over the years.

There are also a lot of provable falsehoods, such as Wade Robsonā€™s claim to have been subpoenaed for the 2005 criminal case.

Iā€™d advise that anyone that was moved by the original documentary give it a whirl and make up their own mind.

Wade Robinson appears to be a total fraud. That scene where he burns his Jackson memorabilia is completely false. He sold the lot of it for Ā£110k.

Fucking superb. I remember you telling @Saint-or-sinner and me about this in the Tap Room before the Koln friendly, and Iā€™ve finally got around to watching it. Great bit of film making there.

1 Like

Just thought Iā€™d clarify the Michael Jackson thing. As my posting record shows, Iā€™m someone that condemns the abuse alleged in Leaving Neverland. The systematic abuse that kids suffer all over the world through the likes of Savile and Epstein is an indelible stain on the perpetrators, but more importantly, those in the establishment that looked the other way.

I also think Michael Jackson, through no fault of his own, was a fucking weirdo of the first order. The list of idiotic things he did while alive seems endless, whether it was dangling his kid over a balcony to thinking he was some kind of Jesus and getting to see Jarvis Cockerā€™s arse for a reward.

We also know for sure that he had kids sleep in his bed with him, which again, is fucking weird and something that would raise eyebrows anywhere.

And yet, itā€™s precisely that element of weirdness that stops me from completely buying into the abuse allegations. Jackson was fucked over by pretty much every adult in his life, from his father to his lawyers. I can understand why he spent so much time with kids, but again, that sleeping in the same bed stuff is still fucking weird.

I also cannot help comparing the aftermath of the Leaving Neverland revelations with the aftermath of Savile, Weinstein and Epstein. The aforementioned cases saw many other victims came forward with their own stories, cumulatively adding to the weight of the allegations.

Iā€™m still on the fence. Iā€™d be easily convinced with hard evidence, so itā€™s a shame that Leaving Neverland relies on two very unreliable witnesses and a great deal of editorial slight of hand from its director Dan Reid.

1 Like

I have been watching Hunting Hitler, something Iā€™d recommend with a caveat. Be prepared to press that fast forward button. Often.

Letā€™s talk about the good stuff first. There was no decent forensic evidence that Adolf Hitler actually died. This was a huge concern of the FBI and MI5 back in the day. Recently declassified FBI files (2014) form the basis for this documentary.

J. Edgar Hoover took this seriously. Stalin told other world leaders at Potsdam that he thought Hitler may still be alive, and dictators are well known to have body doubles.

So far, Iā€™ve seen no conclusive evidence that Hitler did escape, but the show definitely establishes that he had the means to escape, tracking a tunnel network all the way from the Fuhrer-bunker to Templehof Airport, which would have allowed him to travel sight unseen in the final days of the war. A large exodus is recorded in historical documents taking place on April 21st, 1945. The written records also indicate that Hitlerā€™s personal belongings were loaded onto one of those April 21st flights.

All the folk on the hunt are proper professionals. No loons here.

The only problem is that it was made for the History Channel, presumably laden with commercial breaks, which means you have a recap every ten minutes. Each episode is 42 minutes long and they could easily be tight, half hour shows.

The only other problem is that it does have a bit of a Ghost Hunters vibe. Theyā€™re mostly American, so they do get very excited, but to be fair, they drop leads like hot potatoes as soon as theyā€™re proved unviable.

1 Like

Watched a film/documentary last night called Die Unsichtbaren (the German name), in English it is either called the invisibles or The Resistance on sky cinema. Pretty decent, about 4 Jewish people who decided not to leave Berlin while Goebbels was ā€˜cleansingā€™ it of Jews. The different techniques they used, hairy moments etc. Would recommend it if you are into that time period.

Thatā€™s a lovely documentary @Goatboy I loved every performance and every performer. :lou_lol:

1 Like

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-rebel-chef-my-restaurant-revolution/on-demand/67843-001

https://twitter.com/malaiseforever/status/1182963498042695680?s=20