đŸ“ș Documentaries

Perhaps before pressing that REPLY button you could discuss why you disagree with his opinions, aside from Moore being a “Fat Fucking Cunt”?

Believe it or not, I was a big fan of Michael Moore once upon a time. His earlier work is great.

Unfortunately, his work has deteriorated over the years, to the point where in 2016, he made a film begging for people to vote for Hillary, on a stage which was saturated in light, making him look like a sweltering wax pig in a spectacle of special pleading.

This man used to have integrity. The Michael Moore of old would have told his viewers that both candidates were utter cunts and that you shouldn’t vote for either of them, and should probably rise against the system that produced them. The new Michael Moore begged people to vote for Hillary.

He’s a fat fucking cunt, and as I said earlier, I just press REPLY and type.

Ok mate, that’s a discussion. We’re on the same page nearly. His earlier films regarding Flint, Michigan were his best. The only thing I had a real problem was is the last scene in Bowling for Columbine where he left a photo of a dead girl next to Charlton Heston, then a spokesperson of the NRA. It was a cheap shot, Heston was in his 80’s and not really with it.

He did beg for people to vote Democrat, as he always has done. He’s a realist, Bernie was never going to be elected.

1 Like

Panorama - The universal credit crisis. Appalling system. This could also go in the Tory section.

4 Likes

I got round to seeing the Michael Moore docu, and it’s great. Pap, Moore has always been a critic of the Democratic party machine, including Hillary and Obama. He’s taken a whole bunch of flack for criticising the corporate influence and superpac money given to democrats. Half of the film is a criticism of how the Democrats allowed Trump to win as well as a take down of Trump. The last part is a kind of optimism, based on how younger voters are attracted to progressive candidates like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. He supported Bernie throughout 2016 too. You should watch it then make your mind up.

Just watched Fyre Festival documentary on Netflix.
Not terribly upset that quite a lot of rich people got fleeced but I am angry with the workers in the Bahamas that didn’t get paid. Apparently the models/influencers/vacuous people who were paid a lot to advertise it are being subpoena’d about it. I just showed my partner Instagram and scrolled through a shed load of mainly women of TOWIE/MIC/Love Island / blah blah blah. All fake tan, big lips and hashtag AD now. I liked it when it was just nice pictures and not selfies.

Just on BBC2 “Behind Close Doors: Through the eyes of the child”. About domestic abuse and also shows the kind of work I did until recently.
There needs to be a whole shift in how we deal with it and to educate on relationships.

2 Likes

What, like when Mrs C_S made me clean the kids’ bog after a heavy night on the turps and curry and the domestic help had mistakenly been allowed to take their discretionary annual half day holiday? I docked their pay so it won’t happen again but I worry where we’ll get the “help” post Brexit
I don’t allow slackers at Cobham Towers.

:lou_sunglasses:

Edit: I don’t live in a Castle btw.

Edit : There aren’t any in Cobham

Castles or Domestic help?

Both - Domestics are all going back to Europe

Watched the first part of “Leaving Neverland”. Pretty compelling stuff and you look at the revolving door of young boys and well it really doesn’t look good. I’ve had a few disagreements with MJ fans. I will continue to do so.

2 Likes

Try saying anything off message about him on Twatter and you’ll be in for an interesting day

Until recently my Twitter was private. I don’t really put anything up. Just some likes and retweet so I hope I’ll be fine there. I don’t think it is best place for much these days. Oh I do spend a lot of time reporting hate speech on there.

1 Like

Didn’t watch the documentary. Didn’t have much time for Jackson when he was alive. His God complex was brilliantly answered by Jarvis Cocker’s at those infamous Brit awards.

However, I find the timing of the documentary a little suspect, and I find his death entirely suspect. There is a great deal of dispute over what his assets actually were at the time.

Why is the timing suspect?

The man has been dead for a decade. Why now? The Savile revelations took a year to surface. The Jackson allegations were in the public domain before he died.

Because sometimes it takes a while (if at all) to disclose abuse.

Same on here tbh

Finished the 2nd part of Leaving Neverland last night (we know how to do Saturday nights) and it’s well worth watching the documentary.

Just watched these myself. Compelling is the word. Horribly, horribly compelling.

These accusations have been out there for some time and indeed Jackson was tried twice over them, but given just how this documentary was made and given just how credible (and vulnerable) the two guys come across as, I can see why people and companies are now really distancing themselves from Jackson.

Personally, I’m left in no doubt that Jackson was a groomer, a serial paedophile and a cunt.

4 Likes