⚰ Death

That poison scene was probably the best bit of writing and confusion ever…

2 Likes
5 Likes

What you do not smell is called iocane powder.

I love this completely.

1 Like

Adventures in the screen trade, is one of the best books about 1970’s Hollywood.

The grim reaper has been up close and personal with me lately. I’ve marked the unfortunate passing of three people that went far too soon.

J was a bloke I knew from my contracting days. Not sure whether he actually hit 30 or not, but if you have to ponder that, it’s too fucking young. He was genuinely a lovely young man, who’d already dealt with some tragedy of his own. He lost his sister the year before. His parents have no living children. Any of that on its own is a tragedy. Knowing what at least one of those kids turned out like, it’s a huge tragedy.

R was a party girl that died in her late 40s. If I’m being entirely honest, many of her circle of friends wondered if her lifestyle would catch up with her. Even so, it’s a massive loss. She leaves two adult kids behind.

Finally, just found out today that B, a former student of mine in North Carolina, died at 58. Lovely bloke, larger than life and someone that always saw the best in people.

I think the hardest part of getting older is seeing other people not do the same.

5 Likes

Harry Leslie Smith of Harry’s Last Stand fame has sadly shuffled off this mortal coil

If he had been assasinated the headline could have been ‘BUSH WHACKED!’, if he had been assassinated by Luke and Butch the headline could have been ‘BUSH WHACKED BY BUSHWHACKERS!’. Ah well, could still happen with Dubya Jnr.

2 Likes

The world is a slightly less evil place now and when his son dies, it will be a slightly less stupid place.

2 Likes

Fuck no

They’re all dropping off this mortal coil too soon

2 Likes

He was on a downward spiral scratch, but what else would you expect from an orgasm addict?

1 Like

Paddy Pantsdown has succumbed to bladder cancer aged 77. Only diagnosed in October so at least it didn’t drag on too long. I always thought he came across as a decent human being.

6 Likes

Unlike the current shower, at least he served his country even if I didn’t agree with his politics.
RIP

Or what he was asked to do to “serve his country”.

One of our better politicians.

2 Likes

I remember being genuinely amazed when John Major dropped his Edwina zinger, but Paddy ran that a close second in a photo finish.

Decent politician, and stuck to his principles regardless of the political tides against him.

Wasn’t he briefly dubbed Paddy Pantsdown?

Yes, by the Sun.

Amazingly.

(“briefly”… lol)

4 Likes

The tunesmith for some iconic songs

BBC News - Ab Fab’s Dame June Whitfield dies aged 93

Ruth Strauss dies aged 46 as a result of rare lung cancer -

I loved her in Hancock, particularly in the blood donor.

RIP.

1 Like