David Bowie has died

Got out of bed the wrong side this morning?

1 Like

We are not really having a go at anyone!

1 Like

Good, I was confused for a mo. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The more I see of Russell Harty the more of a tit he becomes.

1 Like

Originally posted by @Goatboy

https://youtu.be/XPi0mkWkTco

Interested to watch this. When people die and you hear and watch the eulogies it is as if they had never done anything wrong and were totally saintly beings. I know it isnt the thing to speak ill of the dead but I would rather know what the person was really like, warts and all. I had heard that Bowie could be a bit prickly and difficult to get along with which is at complete odds with everthing I have heard since his sad demise. Good to see a bit of balance. You dont get to the heights without treading on a few toes or having some ego issues along the way.

^^^ TBH thatā€™s 7:15 out of his 45 year career. Artist promoting their latest album/movie/play have to jump through hoops for days on end, answering banal questions from interviewers who have no real interest in themā€¦Russel Harty being the prime example. With a little judicious editing you could probably make the Pope look like a sex maniac.

Anyway, anyone who trawls through hours of obscure film archives to put together 7 minutes of David Bowie getting pissed off with banal questions must be one sad mutherfucker. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

A number of records to be released posthumously.

This is the thing though, when people die (especially ā€œstarsā€) it is expected that wonderful things are said about them and the are portrayed as saints. Very few, if any, people are like that and most have a side to them they would rather not be made public. You wouldnt expect a news report to say that Fred Bloggs passed away today, he was a complete tosser. But in the programmes that followed it would be nice to see a balance appraisal of Freds life. To date all I have seen are programmes telling me what a wonderful human being Bowie was. Wonferful if true but clearly he did have a darker side too. If you are going to look back on someoneā€™s life, why airbrush the bad stuff out? To me it is the faults and frailties that make a person interesting.

2 Likes

Great song, Trentā€™s the boy.

I love the Johnny Cash version.

1 Like

he is going to take the Mercury prize and be the first decised person to do so.

He didnā€™t.

1 Like

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

He didnā€™t.

Ha ha ha, I thought that was today. Whoops!