⚽ Danny SIgns

Per Jeremy Wilson:
“Southampton have submitted a deal sheet to Premier League in an attempt to get extension for Danny Ings deal. They are now hopeful of getting it done”

2 Likes

It better not be anywhere near £20m

“The Danny Ings to Southampton would be a loan from Liverpool for the season with view to permanent deal next summer”

Thankfully it is so…

I’m happier with that (until we find out the loan fee is £9m)

I’ll be happier if we haven’t stuffed it up.
Has he signed yet?

6 games in 3 years. He’s more fucked than Austin. I’ve text a Liverpool supporting mate to try and get some positive sounds.

2 Likes
1 Like

My Liverpool mate,who is very knowledgeable about football, says his injuries are behind him as he looked sharp when he played last season. He says it’s a great signing. I feel a bit better now.

My Liverpool mate, who is very knowledgeable on football says he knows your Liverpool mate and he knows shit.

2 Likes

Sorry just went over to the other place to see if there was confirmation of the deal. It just reminded me why there’s Sotonians.com
They are a shitty bunch of naysayers. :lou_facepalm_2:

4 Likes

Ings on loan for the season looks like a smart move to me. Plenty of time for him to show that all those injuries are truly behind him, and he’ll be as keen as a very keen thing indeed to get into the match-day squad, and thence to the starting line-up. Classy player, so let’s hope he can stay fit and perform.

Danny Ings is red and white, red and white, red and white…

1 Like

Which of the aforementioned Liverpool mates is Barry?

4 Likes

I’m only yanking the fat one’s tail.

Given that we either couldn’t afford a pacey striker or couldn’t bring one over the line, I’m pleased we’ve (apparently) brought in another option.

I watched him carefully when he got a few chances for Liverpool and he looked really committed and really sharp.

Let’s hope we turn him into someone we can’t afford at the end of the loan.

1 Like
3 Likes

Gets the thumbs up from me.
One of our own.

5 Likes

It goes without saying that Liverpool inserted a buy back clause.

2 Likes

That’s not my tail.

I’m just glad we’ve signed a striker…shit or not.

1 Like

“Although his first year will be on loan, Southampton have committed to buy the striker on July 1, 2019. Liverpool are guaranteed £18 million, with a further £2 million based on appearances.

Despite both clubs insisting his next 12 months is part of a loan deal, the 26-year-old has signed a four-year contract until 2022. Liverpool will also receive 20 per cent of any future sale of Ings.”