:saints: šŸ’° DaGrosa - Saints Takeover ā”

What would a deal involving CAA look like? - seems more like saints to go for getting better quality 10 year olds rather than 26 year olds

1 Like

Can they play in centre mid?

1 Like

whoever takes over can they afford a decent cm, cb and gk?

I think it depends if Salisu gets up and running. If so I reckon weā€™ll probably go with Salisu/Bednarek/Stephens/Vestergaard for the season. If we sell Vestergaard then a CB will be needed.
Canā€™t see us signing a goalkeeper.
Reckon weā€™ll sign at least one midfielder.

Anybody know whats happening regarding Salisu? Iā€™ve looked for updates but canā€™t find anything. Seems a bit strange, is he injured? I remember soon after he arrived the club announced that a player had tested positive for Covid but they didnā€™t name him. It has to be highly possible that it was him, but that must have been a month ago, since then, silence. I canā€™t help thinking 'Long Covid, i hope iā€™m wrong about all this and it doesnā€™t turn out that weā€™ve bought a pig in a poke.

Where is Bazza, and what have you done with him?

1 Like

Iā€™m sure he is reclining on his chaise lounge sipping champagne as we speak.

2 Likes

Salisuvwas in OS Trainingvpics about a week ago.
I expect he needs to get up to our fitness levels

If fitness levels equates to performance then heā€™d walk the fuck in, fuck Bernie Sanders would be in contentionā€¦

Havenā€™t had a glass in 2 weeks, wanted to this weekend (Aldiā€™s finest) but alas was told not to.

Ahem, Only 9 days ago you were completely off your tits - or were you referring to sipping champagne? :wink::rofl:

Wasnā€™t that port and lemon?

1 Like

I think it was a bottle of port and a slice of lemonā€¦

3 Likes

From todayā€™s Echo, quoting The Athletic (subscription required)

DaGrosa reportedly asks owner Gao to lower Saints asking price

BUSINESSMAN Joseph DaGrosa has told Saints majority owner Gao Jisheng to lower his asking price, if a deal is to be struck between the pair, according to a report in The Athletic.

DaGrosa has been linked with a move to purchase Gaoā€™s 80 per cent of the club.

DaGrosa is formerly the owner of Ligue 1 club Bordeaux and was linked with a bid for Newcastle United in 2019.

It has been widely reported the American last year entered into a period of exclusive talks with Gao over a potential sale, but that time has now expired.

Speaking to The Athletic, DaGrosa said: "Southampton are a good club but there are many other good clubs in the league.

ā€œCOVID-19 has created a very fluid situation with regards to the financial performance of all clubs. We have to take that into consideration as we contemplate transactions ā€“ we pride ourselves on being very disciplined investors.

ā€œSouthamptonā€™s management team has done an excellent job, during a very challenging period, in getting a successful refinancing done last summer. Having said that, particularly in this environment, sellers need to have a reasonable expectation of value and it has to be consistent with our view.

ā€œWe are open to opportunities that make financial sense. As we evaluate clubs, we are of course looking at not only the price that needs to be paid but capital that needs to be invested subsequently for the deal to make sense.ā€

The report goes on to say DaGrosa could switch his focus instead to fellow Premier League clubs Crystal Palace, Newcastle or West Ham.

Discussing his desire to invest in the Premier League, DaGrosa said: "The Premier League is the largest and safest league in Europe. Itā€™s the largest because of its broadcast income and that makes it the safest, too.

ā€œWe looked into other markets but decided the EPL was the best market for us. Itā€™s easier to be a medium-sized fish in a big pond than a big fish in a medium-sized pond."

When asked by the Daily Echo about DaGrosaā€™s initial reported interest, Saints declined to comment.

From one snake oil salesman to another, all they want is the tv money.

I am somewhat confused (not unusual, I know). This seem to indicate that DaGrosa is looking for the price to come down Ā£50m (assuming to Ā£150m) where there was a rumour doing the rounds a few months ago that Gao was looking for another Ā£50m ((Ā£250m) as we were top of the league at that point.
Hasnā€™t DaGrosa pulled out now anyway? Apparently there are two or three other suitors waiting in the wings. I canā€™t see anyone rushing in to buy us when the economic situation is so uncertain.

He is as bad as Gao, he hasnā€™t got the money and he borrow against the club, quite how that works I donā€™t know as the club canā€™t have all that much.