:pl: :crystalpalacefc: Crystal Palace v Saints :saints:

Yep. Basically we are short up front, it was a mistake selling Romeu and we have been fucked in the pooper by a few injuries to key players.

4 Likes

Better 2nd half. Still need to sort the problem of someone actually being able to put the ball in the net.

1 Like

Diallo was the wrong choice today. Simples. Back foot from first of many bad passes. Never looked at it either. Disappointed I am

By not giving Mara a bit of a run in the team and sticking with ā€œhit em at the keeperā€ Adams, no wonder we canā€™t hit a bar door with a banjo!

1 Like

Yup, agree with all of that. Itā€™s just so frustrating watching us creating good goalscoring chances week after week, our ā€˜strikersā€™ being presented with it on a plate, then either falling over their own feet, shooting tamely at the keeper or blasting it high or wide. Iā€™ve made the point before and make no apologies for repeating it, we canā€™t expect to win games with non goalscoring strikers. I too have loads of time for Che, but a goal every couple of months from a striker just isnā€™t good enough. Likewise A Armstrong. Any half decent striker would be heading towards double figures at least if theyā€™d been presented with the chances these two have squandered so far this season.

10 Likes

Only watched the first half. Couldnā€™t take anymore of us surrendering possession. Diallo being the main culprit. We went back to trying to run with the ball and were easily picked off.

I made a comment about how bad must AMN be when Diallo was having a shocker.

Palace should have been out of sight in the first 20 minutes.

Very frustrating. Very Saints.

The second half was much better tbf - just canā€™t seem to score.

1 Like

Cobs is right, we improved markedly in the second half and created some excellent chances for our front line to squander. AMN wasnā€™t much of an improvement on Diallo tbh, itā€™s hard to explain what I mean but he looks like a loan player turning up for his shift, not a player putting one in for the team.

1 Like

So Diallo off at half time and we improved is the message Iā€™m taking away(:man_shrugging:t2:).

Iā€™m not a hater and Iā€™ve seen glimpses of what Diallo can do. He needs games but we canā€™t afford performances like his yesterday.

We are relying on an 18 yo to return and solve our midfield issues.

We let the wrong player leave in the summer.

1 Like

Diallo coming off wasnā€™t the only difference, or even the main one.

Iā€™m sorry, but that is completely wrong. Those of us at the game and people I spoke to on the train after, all agreed he was our best player and made all the difference in the 2nd half. Dialloā€™s was the worst performance in a Saints shirt since the Leicester debacle.

3 Likes

Fair enough. I only saw it on a glitchy stream.

1 Like