:pl: :crystalpalacefc: Crystal Palace v Saints :saints: (Live on :bt_sport:)

:crystalpalacefc: v :saints:

• :crystalpalacefc: just humiliated :evertonfc:, :saints: just been humiliated by :arsenalfc:, only one way this is going to go. :crystalpalacefc: to win (easily)
  • Score draw
  • Bore draw
  • JW-P going to keep Zaha in his pocket as in previous seasons, Romeu and Salisu back to strengthen the “spine”. :saints: to pull off a shock win.

0 voters

Can we find 11 players?
Lyanco up front?

Theo and Shane up front then

9+:0 anyone?

My expectations?
At least 6 changes (I agree, some of these are because of injuries), untried and/or ineffective central defence pairing, morale as low as dogshite - all wondering who is going to get the public blame/bollocking for the defeat.
No one knowing what formation they are supposed to be playing, or their part in it. At least three people playing out of position . If there is a premier league record to be broken, this may well be the day for it. After a bad defeat, the saints board state that they have every confidence in Ralph’s ability to turn this round and keep us n the PL.
I am also expecting to try really hard not to follow the game, or check on the score at half time.

How about this for a new record (someone will have to check the stats) - JWP sets a new PL and team record for the most games played without passing forward.

We
Will
Win
I’m pissed

In all fairness, who wants a manager who doesn’t acknowledge the fact that their goalkeeper cost them 3 points (not just 1) against Norwich, and was apparently too crippled to deal with a last minute free kick against Brighton? Don’t get me wrong, the latter situation sounds absolutely ridiculous but I can’t imagine a situation where I wouldn’t lose my shit over such bollox.

Im not saying the manager is without blame in our situation, far from it, but there’s also no point ignoring blatant individual mistakes. I for one wouldn’t respect someone who glossed over those. These men are compensated adequately to suck up any flack they get for substandard performances so let’s just say it as it is.

Presumably Ralph blames Bednarek for the first goal and if that’s who should’ve marked Lacazette rather than marked the 6 yard line then fair play, he should’ve been slagged off. That’s their job. It was pathetic defending. Accept a premier league wage, accept the consequences of subpar performances.

I’m a miserable cunt but even I accept that our fortunes are probably no better without proper investment, regardless of which manager we have in the dugout. The one thing I would actually like to question is whether we ought to employ a psychologist, given the fragile nature of our second half mentality.

3 Likes

Surely there would already be one on the payroll? :thinking:

I’d like to think so but I’ve never seen anything about there being one. The sports science team are referenced a fair amount so maybe they live within that team.

Poll added to the OP

Dellhurst Park, init.

He’s told them that laughing at the opposition is unprofessional, and any Palace player doing so will be fined.

2 Likes

A Lawro says

Crystal Palace v Southampton (19:30 BST)

Southampton are on a bad run of results but I was still expecting more of a fight from them than we saw in their defeat against Arsenal on Saturday.

Until last weekend, Crystal Palace had hit a bit of a sticky patch too but they played well against Everton at Selhurst Park on Sunday and I think they will have a real go at Saints there too.

Lawro’s prediction: 2-1

Martin’s prediction: Palace are doing really well. Conor Gallagher has got to get one, just for my Fantasy team. 2-0

Good news - a 4-0 loss against Palace will still leave us above Leeds!
At the moment it looks as if there will be 3 teams worse than us - but not a lot in it. If some teams start picking up points while we lose, we will very quickly be down among the dead men.

1 Like

But a win and we’ll have the same points as Palarse.

Shit, I’m turning into @OzSaintDave :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

No longer a pinned topic @BTripz

Have we already chalked this one off?

2 Likes