:crumpet: Crumpets - Redux - Part Deux

The Ayatollah is clinging onto weird notion of the best topping for a crumpet. Even though I have patiently explained why she is wrong and offered a far superior alternative, she is having none of it

So gang, what is the best crumpet topping

Cheese.
Pate.
Ham.

FFS I already replied and somebody didn’t like it so restarted the thread :lou_facepalm_2:

Crumpets should be eaten plain (I’m not counting butter/spread as a topping here)

3 Likes

Bump

Marmite. Thread has been solved, please lock.

1 Like

Fucking pate you weirdo - even the Ayatollah thinks you are mental and she has no taste

5 Likes

She is still laughing about it

So the argument was the Ayatollah is in the cheese camp and I said marmite, and having had a look through the answers we were both wrong and it was butter only

But we are not as wrong as Barry, fucking pate indeed

3 Likes

What the fuck is it about toppings? Just wrong.

As has already been said - butter.

For preference, freshly churned by nubile maidens from the milk of prize Jersey cattle milked in the early dawn when birds fly unchained…or some such hippy crap.

2 Likes

Butter/marge/vegan alternative. Anything else is just weird.
They’re not called butter sponges for nothing!

My partner puts jam on them. Weirdo.

3 Likes

Pate goes with anything.

The only thing you should put on a crumpet is salted butter

End off

6 Likes

Am I the only one reading this in a Yorkshire accent and pronouncing pâté so that it rhymes with gate?

Yes, weirdo

Strawberry yogurt?
Vanilla cheesecake?
Raspberry ripple ice-cream?

1 Like

Thank you all that liked it :slight_smile:

Yes

Weirdo

1 Like

Only if i believed any of them went with pâté or crumpets. Then again i used to like strawberry jam on fried slice, so still possible :grin:

1 Like