Coup in Turkey

Coup in Turkey

BREAKING
Military coup reported to be going on in Turkey

Have they done this as Erdogan is seen as too extremist friendly?

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Or to stop my mate and his horrendous in-laws going there on holiday?

Originally posted by @Lets-B-Drinking

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Or to stop my mate and his horrendous in-laws going there on holiday?

Just reported on Sky News, apparantly your mate’s in-laws are to blame

This will send shockwaves through NATO and the European leaders. Another scary development, that has been brought on by president Recep Tayyip ErdoÄźan!

Coup leaving who…

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer bloke - Erdogan is a cunt of the highest magnitude. The notion of a military coup in somewhere like modern-day Turkey is pretty absurd though, it’s pretty much unheard of outside of shithole South American countries nowadays…

Erdogan or Gulan, their pretty similar? Wasn’t Gulan his deputy or something? I don’t anything about Turkish politics. Why do I keep posting :slight_frown:

If the straights are blocked for trade won’t that piss off the Russians somewhat?

He is more popular in the Middle East, but agree with his views on Israel. Dividing the country, where he is more popular with the Islamic population.

It is a shame as I love Turkey, which I have visited 7 times, but would not go near the place the last couple of years for a holiday.

Seems that Erdogan has left the country on a private jet!

Umm Egypt springs to mind as the last one.

Dude, you’re a shortarse on a smartphone in someone’s hand!

That is really not a look that says “authority”.

Spectacularly ill-judged decision by Erdogan to make a statement via Facetime.

East Timor and the Philippines and many others ha ha, SuperMikey you’re a top fellow but a little off the mark there mate, Coup’s happen all the time, this is sounding like a bit of the sponsored sort to me but there go. Not the Mark Thatcher shite one either.

Barry your Hazell Dean joke was so bad in renders everthing you say subsequently as null and void

Wouldn’t be surprised if this was given the nod by the US or Nato.

Haven’t we just had a (very British) coup here?

Seems like it to me.

True enough, that comment was off the mark. Egypt and Philippines don’t really hold the same kind of influence on the global stage as Turkey does though - it’s Europe’s link to the Middle East and an important ally in that area. Would be interesting to see what kind of relationship the EU and NATO would have with a military government in the country…

Top Gent as always Mikey.

So where does Let’s Be Avenues mother in law fit in with your theory?

Lets be Drinking even … funny username.