šŸ‘‘ Coronation Sheet

Would be nice not to have a king as defender of all faith though

Imho

Last time I tried to hold Faith she hit me

4 Likes

I feel for prince George. 9 years old doing his duty etc. Should be out on his bike with his mates ffs

3 Likes

Iā€™m heartbroken
Johnny English hasnā€™t swung down from the rafters yet.
And whereā€™s John Malkowitch?

1 Like

I hope they have a BIG cloakroom, Iā€™ve never seen so many of them. :astonished:

I find it deeply hypocritical of Sunak, a Hindu, agreeing to do a Christian reading. That has diminished my already liw resiect fur him. Itā€™s a political move. The Church of England is the Tory Party at prayer and Iā€™m sure he feared alienating members if heā€™d declined or delegated.

I donā€™t accept itā€™s a civic duty. As mayor, Iā€™ve been expected to play an active part in Christian services but, as a Humanist, I have explained my position and declined. Very mixed reactions. On the whole, understanding and appreciation but it has to be said some very bigoted responses daring to tell me itā€™s my duty to be a Christian.

2 Likes

You specist bastard! :smiley:

1 Like

B&Q was very very quiet - almost a pleasure to part with a load of cash for Mrs C_Sā€™ garden projects. I said, almostā€¦.

Anyone get video of Macron pledging allegiance?

So weā€™ve not become a police state

:thinking:

Oh hello. First grumbles of the day from the localsā€¦
She shouldnā€™t be Queen.

Ooh

The only bit I watched was when they all traipsed down the aisle. A lad I grew up with, who went on to be a chief honcho in the marines (Basra and all that) and then chief of Staff or somesuch, was carrying Charlieā€™s crown and that coont Huw Edwards didnā€™t mention him as he was spouting on about Floella Benjamin, who was walking in front.

1 Like

Penny Mordaunt misses the chance to put the king out of his misery by running him through with a sword. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

1 Like
2 Likes

As a declared Humanist, why would it concern you at all? You presumably consider all faiths equally misguided.

Disagree - much more like your mob at prayer these days.

Every time there is one of these shindigs Harry finds himself one row further back

I reckon by the time his brother gets crowned , he will be sat on the steps outside

Iā€™ll agree to disagree. Very few of my LD friends are practising Christians.

Not misguided. I donā€™t believe in any divine entity but canā€™t prove one doesnā€™t exist any more than people of faith can prove one does exist. But I respect othersā€™ viewpoints.

The hypocrisy is being a declared adherent to one religion but insincerly going through the motions of a reading from another - probably for political reasons.

Perhaps Sunak does as well. You can give a reading of anything without changing your own beliefs in order to read it. Iā€™m agnostic, but Iā€™ve delivered bible readings at church during funerals and weddings, and I didnā€™t feel like a hypocrite for doing so.

1 Like