👑 Coronation Sheet

[quote=“Polski_Filip, post:20, topic:6747”]
My allegiance these days is to me & family :wink:

Exactly

His point is that the story has been heavily spun to imply that the public have been asked to pledge allegiance to the king, when all that has actually happened is that the wording of the service was altered. It previously instructed the peers present at the service to pledge allegiance, it now says that anyone wishing to do so may at a given point speak the allegiance themselves, at home or elsewhere. It doesn’t “ask” or request that anyone does so, as the headlines strongly imply.

Which I had gathered :man_shrugging:

Regardless - I’m in no way a monarchist and people can do what they like.

Nice to see more airtime given to those who oppose the monarchy. Interesting that the youth have little time for it.

How perceptions of the usefulness of the monarchy have changed since Saint Diana’s time, but it’s time for radical change, imho obviously (see also the opinion piece I shared above).

At Waterloo this evening. No idea where they had come from and where they were going.

The”guns” being carried were complete fakes, but the guns carried by the rozzers separating them from the great unwashed were definitely real….

Why am I humming Cottoneye Joe?

3 Likes

A view from across the pond

2 Likes

Spoof, right?

Seems to have swallowed a book of anti monarchist cliches- not that I disagree with much of what he said.

1 Like

From the BBC:

People have already started gathering at the Mall outside Buckingham Palace, with some royal fans like Faith Nicholson camping out in tents to make sure they do not miss out on a prime viewing spot on Saturday.

Special needs maybe? Imho obvs.

3 Likes

Big transfer news this week.
Charles is getting Lionel Richie.& Katy Perry for his party.
But this means Ed Sheeran is going the other way!
(Lionel & Katy are judges on American Idol do Ed replaces them)
Hopefully for good

1 Like

I shall not be bowing or pledging my allegiances to King Charles on account of some other information i have.

He used to be Prince Charles.

2 Likes

Oops

Another issue i have with Charles is his statement that he is a defender of all faiths.

That is implicit support if Satanism, Scientology and Woganism.

2 Likes

I have an issue with him being a defender and consorter of notorious sex offenders, including of course Britain’s most infamous sexual abuser, Sir Jimmy Savile. I wonder what they got up to on Charlie’s weekends away with Jimmy at Savile’s remote cottage in the Scottish Highlands!. Remember the thank you letter Charlie wrote to Savile which came to light and was leaked after he died, thanking him for a great weekend and “give my love to the ladies” Hmm!

Nice day for a street party :man_facepalming:

Fair enough if that’s your take, but I approve of the change from Defender of The Faith to Defender of Faith. As a Humanist I’m pleased the CEO of Humanists Uk is there and I look forward to Wills being Defender of All, whether or not they hold Faith.

1 Like

I get that some people need to have faith in some theistic/spiritual entity but like the monarchy it still has too much influence on the lives of too many people. An awful lot of people have lost or are losing their lives around the world because of or in the name of “faith”

Imho

1 Like