:covid_19: šŸ˜· šŸ„ Corona Virus the thread for all your fears ā“

Thereā€™s been a 97% fall in year on year new car registrations.

Yeah, I heard that on the news this morning and thought ā€œno shit Sherlockā€, also flights are down 95%, who would have thunk :man_shrugging:

1 Like

An overseas view of our handling of the pandemic.

Unlike Italy, the United Kingdom had time to prepare for the coronavirus tsunami. But as the death toll climbs, critics say Britainā€™s response has suffered from a series of deadly mistakes and miscalculations.

1 Like

They are only over prepared in hindsight

At the time the decision was made it was absolutely necessary - they had an upward trajectory and no idea if a lock down would sort it - given those circumstances they had little option

Iā€™m not using the term ā€œover preparedā€. I prefer ā€œunder preparedā€. The hospitals should have been built earlier.

Excess deaths likely related to COVID-19 are currently at 42,140.

In the account from overseas that @saintbletch linked hereā€™s the nonsensical statement that identifies the ā€œunderuseā€ of that extra capacity.
ā€œOnly three weeks ago, even symptomatic care home residents and staff did not qualify for a test. For many weeks, patients were discharged from hospitals and into care homes without being tested to check whether they would be taking a deadly virus to a place where it could unleash havoc.ā€
Care home residents or carers were not given a chance even though the resources were available. During this pandemic they have clearly been treated as expendableā€¦a betrayal. :lou_angry:

4 Likes

The piece is full of evidence that when compared to the reaction in the rest of the world, ours has been misguided, too little or too late.

2 Likes

WFT?

2 Likes

The answer is ā€œherd immunityā€, a policy Iā€™d argue is still in place.

4 Likes

What a grim ā€œachievementā€

It will be interesting to see how the Government spin this into something positive.
Having sat through a few of their afternoon briefings I have full confidence in their ability to do this.

1 Like

This video was produced by Chinese state-backed media.

Ramping up the propaganda.

Difficult to disagree with much of the information shared, though.

6 Likes

When Robert ā€œtoothlessā€ Peston is on your back and Tom Newton Dunn starts to pile on in the criticism of a Conservative administration, you know youā€™ve fucked up.

Thatā€™s uncomfortable for Hancock - heā€™s being questioned about the feelings of frontline staff by, um, one of those frontline staff.

Notice that testing capacity is being liberally substituted for hard, testing numbers AGAIN.

1 Like

They just canā€™t help themselves can they. Their entire strategy from the off has been to make it up as they go along ignoring what the rest of the world are doing, Britain knows best, we are exceptional. Then when they are exposed on a daily basis as incompetent, getting just about everything wrong and frantically shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted they lie, manipulate death figures to ignore thousands of people who have perished as if they didnā€™t exist. Stupid lies, lies that they know will be exposed as such within 24 hours. But they tell them anyway, they just canā€™t stop themselves doing it. It must be in their DNA.

3 Likes

Iā€™m currently getting into it with my uncles on Facebook.

What was their first question?

Would your pal Corbyn have done any better?

Well, you look around Europe, and he couldnā€™t have done much worse.

5 Likes

The thing is whether he would or not heā€™s not in charge. I hate that stupid statement/argument. Ive heard it myself. The responsibility lays with whoeverā€™s leading. Itā€™s a cop out to make hypothetical comparisons. Whatever people thought of Corbyn itā€™d take a very biased person to say he wouldnā€™t have dealt with it more compassionately and would never experiment with herd immunity whilst people were dying around him.

7 Likes

And there we have it, confirmation, as if any more were needed that we are being led by an absolute fucking clown. Embarrassing doesnā€™t even begin to cover it. Pause for a moment and think how this must look to the rest of the world. USA excluded.
Where is he by the way, another day off?