:covid_19: đŸ˜· đŸ„ Corona Virus the thread for all your fears ❓

This was the Facebook thought for the day from one of my neighbours this morning. You know the one, the one who said he thought Boris Johnson is the best thing to happen to this country for more than 40 years:

"A message to all our Negative UK Press - including Laura Kuenssberg of the BBC, Robert Peston of ITV, Beth Rigby of Sky, Piers Morgan of ITV, BBC News in general and all the other negative UK press.

Journalism is missing the “mood” in this great country of ours - the United Kingdom. We do not want or need blame. We do not want constant criticism of our Government who are doing their very best in a very difficult and unprecedented global emergency.

We want and need a constructive contribution to the national effort to help us out of this crisis. We need hope, optimism and faith, with less negativity and more positive support from these journalists. It is time you all changed your negative and political rhetoric for the health of this nation and start supporting our Government.
Let’s get this message VIRAL and they might just take note."

Suggestions please for my considered reply.

How the actual fuck is it possible for me to be totally NOT involved in any of this shit, yet I am taking to a mate who is working full time for one of the PPE factories in China with full EU/BSI?Chinese Export approvals and who CAN’T FVCKING SELL ANYTHING as nobody is placing actual orders!

Oh

Yep, I posted an article (Telegraph?) further up the thread saying that 80+ people in South Korea who had recovered from the virus had become reinfected.

The issue there is that whilst they might be able to fight off the reinfection, they are presumably able to infect others.

That is a worry.

I try not to swear on the 'net.
Dear rabid tory voter, it is perfectly fine to question and challenge the current government. You’d be having a field day if it was the other way round and don’t you dare say you wouldn’t.
Now come up with some ideas of how to manage it rather than sharing some crap you found on the internet. I mean did this come straight from Mr cummings anyway?
Love litsl. X

Something like that?

5 Likes

:lou_facepalm_2:

RIP Gary.
Good luck with The Darwin Award. I guess the orange one will collect it for you

An interesting perspective - confirmed by my daughter’s concerns for the UK from Australia.

Any views @PhilippineSaint, @Polski_Filip, @Anal2, others?

2 Likes

‘‘I’m not a doctor
 as you possibly have found out’’ :laughing:

4 Likes

From the report - Gary Lenius is remembered by his friends as being ‘level headed and intelligent’. Course he was.!

1 Like

I think over made it clear that I believe UK/US have let’s be polite “been unwise” in their interpretation of data, analysis of data and actions.
And yes incredulity as much as fear.

An example.
Here’s what you could have won

Imbeciles who know everything were a nightmare in my latter years in Dubai. All ego & books. To see that ( and Doctrine) at the highest levels in a global disaster is astonishing.
Arrogance and greed. I need to finish my PPE Report & post it

I wish they were making the decisions for us.

Behind the lines with Uncle Phil.

This is my 3rd (and rather reluctant) trip down into murky waters. Previous trips involved Gentlemen in Dark Suits, White Shirts & Dark Ties with Steely Blue eyes named “Clive” The other led to guys (and a Corporate Legal type wearing NVG and laying in a ditch outside a “factory” in China.

The PPE game.

The world is chasing 3M N-95 masks. 3M is “A BIG COMPANY”.

Big Companies have established customers, partners & Distributors and warehouses around the world. (No shit Phil)

About a week before Lockdown in Europe, people (ie most of the Brokers/Traders) in the world saw there was a fast buck to be made from? PPE. They set to work to source stuff. And found that almost every Distributor had been cleaned out. Entire stocks bought for effectively Cash with Order – prepaid against Pro Formas. Contact 3M direct – easy to do. Bulk orders no problem. 1st Production slot available as of Thursday last week? October.

1 (non UK Health Ministry has raised 3 (expensive L/C’s & arranged SGS inspections and – nothing there, collected by a cash buyer. An original 3M N95 mask is about $5.50 in this market. Yet you cannot find them below $15. Who has the stock? We used to call them speculators – today? They are Hedge Funds. An aspiring investigative journo will be able to trace sudden short term warehouse leases, but very few actual shipments as they are being sat on to keep the price up.

So much BS has been created in the PPE Chain I actually had a conversation with a Factory in China today. They make all the kit. Have all the Certifications/Approvals AND have export licences. They are now contacting people who are NOT brokers because the whole thing is full of shit and wait for it – THEY CAN’T SELL ANYTHING! Anyway I have done my bit they are in touch with real people, they may ship their kit and they may not.

The FACT is that the PPE chain has been fvcked by spivs and wide boys.

For once I actually feel a little sorry for those in UK PHE trying to buy the stuff

Unfortunately I cannot tell the Clive Story without having to shoot you.
2nd time was fakes. We found fake APC kit undercutting my guys. We went down dark & dirty and found stuff in a warehouse in Dubai. Got the Feds involved (lots of politics 1st) it grew when we found Cisco kits.
Stateside Corp Legal were the only peeps who really believed us, they got their Feds involved. About 6 months later Feds (and the Legal guy) lay in a ditch in an Industrial Estate outside Shanghai. Chines Feds raided the place. As Corp guy said "I don’t get paid enough for this - proper gunfight and
About $100million of our kit was found to have gone through Something close to $300m of Cisco.
It was kept VERY “I heard a rumour” as the kit worked and a lot f it could never be traced to end users. I got given a “Piece of Plastic for the Mantlepiece” But did get an invite & Biz Class flights (off the books) to shake some hands in Vegas at the Cisco Conference that year

Meh, was gutted I never made it to the ditch tbh

Fascinating but sobering reading. I have a few friends living abroad, mainly Thailand, a nephew in Germany and a good mate from Romsey who emigrated to New Zealand 10 years ago who i speak with regularly. The situation over here is big news over there, people are horrified by what is going on, especially with the idea of front line hospital professionals being sent in with little or no protection. They just can’t relate to it at all. I’m sure it’s the same in the majority of the rest of the world, watching the shambles unfolding on a daily basis, beamed into their living rooms. The vast majority of people in this country are in blissful ignorance of how this country is being perceived abroad, it’s reputation as a civilized, decent, honest and capable country, caring for all of it’s people, is being shredded on a daily basis. Watching the liar of the day making it up as they go along, ignoring 50% of the deaths as if they don’t exist, non people. The supine media in this country, with the occasional exception must bear a lot of responsibility for this. Although The Guardian had the story about Cummings and his vote leave data guru weirdo/misfit mate attending COBRA, and fair play to them for printing it, the story was actually broken in the NYT. We can be sure that if it was left to journalists in this country to do their jobs it would never have seen the light of day. People outside the UK really must wonder why the British are allowing their government to get away with this shambles without any real complaint.

3 Likes

Sadly the ‘majority’ dont seem to care
 too obsessed with ‘sovereignty’ and delusions of how ‘great’ we can be
 they don give a fuck what foreigners think, what do they know

I think this was SAGE the scientific advisory group to which they had NO right to attend as its politically neutral
 I suspect he hear data about probabilities and threw the oldies in care homes on the collateral damage pile
 medical stats are never used to decide who gets hospital admission or not
 but its not a big leap to assume it was used politically

1 Like

The Cummings on SAGE is a mess.
IF it was so important that he needed to be there then HOW could Johnson skive the COBRA Meetings?
Likewise to have a Political Advisor listen to then INTERPRET Scientific advice is totally utterly WRONG.
It puts an entirely different emphasis on Trusted Advisor. Do the Cabinet hear experts direct advice or does Cumming say well I think that means 

It is the ONLY thing I can see that explains the (from a distance) slow reactions and the “Doctrinaire” (sorry) “Churchillian” fixed point way to complex evolving situations and data.

Polish TV as I said tore Trump to shreds yesterday, but they compare “Your RAF Plane to Turkey” with the (now 3 flights by that Antonov, plus almost non-stop LOT Flights landing in Posnan, Gdansk, and here in Krakow from China with PPE bought by businesses and State Authorities.

I am REALLY concerned that you guys will be the first to go “Second Wave”
And FFS wear masks
(And yes we all know the real reason is you have no “Police” anymore. Totally rely on CCTV and you don’t want everyone running about with masks on.)
Unbelievable

1 Like

Yes sorry, i meant SAGE.

Stuff like this is maybe more noticeable abroad?
Maybe UK still view this as a politics thing. “You’re only bashing Boris cuz your a commie pinko” sort of thing

And yes. It also shows that 1. UK have not tested enough people or that %age death rate would be lower

The way things are being handled we will be lucky to get out of the first wave. The wearing of masks has been resisted to the last by the decision makers, pretty much alone in the world. These two things are not unconnected, and the common denominator is Dominic Cummings, who let’s face it is the man running the show.

1 Like