😆 Comedy genius

If you’re not on the Gervais train after this, I don’t know what’ll sway you.

Laying fucking waste to Hollywood.

4 Likes

Also on the when I saw this thread. :roll_eyes:

Brilliant. Even my Maltese customers were talking about it today.
Offended everyone total genius.

1 Like

Unusual for a comedy moment to go global, but he has.

So there are some cute & smiley local lasses working in the car park here at Auschwitz. Never spoken except a Polish good morning & a smile.
Today I good morning/happy new year to them. They respond then hold up their phone. " You are English yes? You know Ricky Gervais? Very funny"
15 minutes later? Ricky’s dulcet tones drift out of a van as a local driver watches.
The bathroom attendant.
A couple of Asian tourists.

That could end up being the most watched Golden Globes moment ever

1 Like

Bit of a British comedy motherlode here.

https://www.dailymotion.com/Nowonmai513/playlists

1 Like

What do you get if you have about ten years of boring cunts playfully trotting around with nice, safe topics?

Comedy Unleashed.

A lot of established comic performers came together here.

4 Likes

One for @saintbletch …

5 Likes

I always loved Ripping Yarns, and this is my favourite:

3 Likes

It always pleased me a great deal that Terry Jones guest starred in The Young Ones.

4 Likes

OK, with all this talk of comic genius I wanted to give some praise for Mark Heap. As @Fowllyd said further up the thread, he’s always excellent.

He has to be one of the finest physical comedians that we’ve produced.

One of Mrs Bletch’s and my dirty lockdown pleasures is Friday Night Dinner. It’s a little slapstick for me to call it anything above ‘funny’ but it’s enjoyable.

However, Mark Heap is just superb as neighbour Jim in it.

This is my favourite episode - So Much Blood.

4 Likes

At times like this we really need Bill Hicks.

3 Likes

Yes indeed. Just imagine what he would have made of Trump!

1 Like

If his career had survived whatever he’d have said about 9/11.

1 Like

Some people have it naturally…you wouldn’t believe he mixes with @saintbletch in RL…

1 Like
1 Like

More from Bruiser. Missed this the first time around. I suspect this one won’t have as much general appeal, but some of you will have worked with someone like this. I know I have.

This weeks Charlie Brooker’s Antiviral Wipe was a classic as it included a new Philomena Cunk “Moments of Wonder”, always funny but her in depth quizzing of the expert is a classic: from 39.00 onwards…
Charlie Brooker’s Antiviral Wipe - Iplayer