🇨🇴 Colombia vs :engerland: England - Phillipine vs Fowllyd

High tempo. Early goals. Comfortable England win.

1 Like

I think I love England more than I do Saints. I’ll tell you why.

I’ve never lived in a situation where Saints were the be all and end all. I suspect we’re like any other city with a middling or unsuccessful football team. A good deal of Southampton doesn’t seem to give a fuck about football, at all. Of those that do, a good deal support other teams.

Glory cunters, in other words.

When I moved to Liverpool in '94, I was struck by how much football was seeped in everything. It is rare to find someone that doesn’t have an interest, although they do exist. About 5% by my rough remembering of drunken conversations.

Obviously no-one gives a fuck about Saints, unless they want to buy one of our players or turn Ronald Koeman’s life into the plot of Brewster’s Millions.

The first reason I love England is because it brings all those people together, shouting together, roaring together, getting nationally fucking heartbroken together. We may have won nowt, but there are always games I remember watching with people with completely different club loyalties, and I’ll always remember them fondly.

Next, this ain’t about England specifically, but I love international football because it means something. I do think there are a lot of smaller teams like Ireland or Switzerland that take the piss, and that process creates English-hating Englishmen like Townsend or Lawro, but its about the most meaningful expression of footy you’re going to get.

Pep’s team of club world beaters at Man City were not playing wall ball on Moss Side as kids. Granted, a good deal of the South American contingent had much shittier childhoods than that, but the fact remains; Manchester City’s present success has got fuck all to do with the inherent footballing qualities of Manchester, the city.

Southgate’s choices have got me excited. Let’s hope fortune favours the bold.

Beer, check.
Big telly on HD, check.
Good book to read just in case, check

It is busy I had to order 6 bottles of Budweiser.
Told you I had a bad feeling. That was hopefully it

1 Like

I don’t even own one you fanny

Come on you reds!!!

I heard my men were all lined up in the tunnel come on you yellows.

Good stuff. Two touches by Sterling, two lost possessions

1 Like

What with that whistling hate when we have that ball

My goalkeeper is on the ball

No one likes us maybe?

Better atmosphere here than in the Chapel ffs

Is Alli playing?
10 mins gone 1 Bud down

1 Like

well defended against Kane coming in there

Cunts!

Sorry wrong thread - am on middle class holidays en France so every night is Friday night.

I am watching this on Gite TV which sadly does have ITV … and have to listen to that year Hoddle… I worry about my security deposit …

I think the Ref is on my side with the calls he keeps giving us

Fucking get hold of it.

Whatever happened to Dalek Saint?

Clearly we are playing for penalties

3 Likes

Sterling is not playing for anything he is just not playing.

3 Likes