Ched Evans Cleared

For a while some on here/SW would hang you out to dry for even hinting that he might be innocent.

He has now been cleared: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-37659009

4 Likes

Well, regardless of the fact he seems to be an odious twat, heā€™s been found not guilty in a court of law - which is a fairer process than trial by media tbh.

3 Likes

Exactly! However one person (so far) has voted down my post showing they are not happy with a man being found innocent.

Plus, even if he is an odious twat, he has had his life and career wrongly turned upside down and pretty much destroyed. I am sure other odious twats on here would agree that this is a harsh punishment for being an odious twat.

4 Likes

Originally posted by @Tokyo-Saint

For a while some on here/SW would hang you out to dry for even hinting that he might be innocent.

He has now been cleared: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-37659009

Donā€™t I just fucking know it. Wonder how Soggy feels about this now?

1 Like

I feel fine. It was always a strange case. I found it hard to fathom how the jury found his mate innocent but him guilty. If she was not in a fit state (and the evidence showed quite clearly that she was out of it) to consent to sex with Evans how was she in a fit state to consent to sex with his mate?

I also find it odd that the witness now comes up with the same form of words that Evans used when there was a tasty incentive to the tune of Ā£50k if it helped Evans get off.

The victim did not accuse anybody of rape. She has maintained that she didnt know what happened to her all the way through and that is supported by a text she sent to the other guy she had been sleeping with at the time. What did she have to gain? The problem is that people get hammered (or have their drink spiked) and end up being taken advantage of all the time and the message the CPS were trying to get across is that it is not okay to fuck someone when they are out of it and you dont know if they are ok with it.

Evans blagged his way into the room. Without saying a single word to the girl he shagged her and had oral sex with her when his mate had already been their. He then left out of the fire exit. Guilty of rape or not, he is an odious twat. He told the court that he could have had any woman he wanted that night but chose to stick it up someone who was very drunk abd already shagging his mate. Nice.

Should add that he has been tried twice, found guilty once and found innocent once with almost the same evidence. The only difference was an extra statement by a witness that may or may not have been ā€œbought.ā€ It was never a clear cut case and people will draw their own conclusions about both verdicts, but in the eyes of the law, he is not a rapist. Just an odious twat.

One issue with the case was that people arguing for his innocence were accused of being rape apologists, when the question of how society should treat rapists is actually completely irrelevant to the question whether the evidence suggested he was guilty or not.

I mean, hey, you can argue that rapists should be hung drawn and quartered and still believe Evans should be let off because you donā€™t believe heā€™s guilty.

Personally, Iā€™m not going to pretend to be an expert on the case - certainly not beyond going with what the courtā€™s verdict is.

5 Likes

Shit, sorry Tokes it was me who down voted you by accident - meant to vote up!

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry

ā€˜Oops my finger slippedā€™ will not stand up in court.

3 Likes

Hang him!

I am concerned about them now using her past sex life. It should be about what happened that night. Did she give explicit consent. If you are too drunk to stand/talk etc hopefully someone would put you to bed a day leave you alone.

Appalled at her being called anything derogatory when Ched isnā€™t called something similar for having sex with possibly* numerous women.

I think sad sums it up quite well.

*I have no idea if he has but you know what I am talking about.

6 Likes

Originally posted by @Intiniki

I am concerned about them now using her past sex life. It should be about what happened that night. Did she give explicit consent. If you are too drubk to stand/talk etc hopefully someone would put you to bed.

Appalled at her being called anything derogatory when Ched isnā€™t called something similar for having sex with possibly* numerous women.

I think sad sums it up quite well.

*I have no idea if he has but you know what I am talking about.

This whole aspect is deeply worrying, for me. If youā€™ve previously had a jazz cigarette, is it then OK for me to spike your drink with acid? What have her previous sexual partners got to do with the case? Iā€™ll accept that heā€™s been called not guilty, but I donā€™t like this aspect of the case at all. It amounts to misogynistic thought crime.

6 Likes

Definite whiff of odious twat on this thread.

Oh come one that is not what we do here, we all say how great we all are and slap each other on the back. If odious twats lives all got destroyed I would be 100% in. However, making an example of just one seems unfair. At least start with Lallana and go from there.

Too right. She was fucking asking for it. I mean, sheā€™d slept with other men before. Fucking slag.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Iā€™d up vote this a hundred times if I could. Anyone calling a woman a slag should investigate their own thoughts and conduct and die of shame.

Originally posted by @Halo-Stickman

Originally posted by @Goatboy

ā€˜Oops my finger slippedā€™ will not stand up in court.

looks like more than a mere slip of the finger to me :lou_wink_2:

Sorry, but why canā€™t I call someone a slag? I call him a twat because of his previous conduct, so why canā€™t I call her a slag for hers?

Please tell me where, in this country of freedom of speech (which many of you have argued is imperative), I cannot use my judgement and call her that? Or is it just that the word has misogynistic connotations? If so, she is extremely promiscuous, and I apologise but I donā€™t have the requisite vocabulary to come up with a different word.

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.