Charlie Austin signs

That’s without the stable fees too.

6 Likes

Turned down Leicester to join us, apparently. Feels he’ll get more first team football here (Leicester wanted him as a backup for Vardy) and we’re geographically closer to his roots.

Last year, that wouldn’t even have been worthy of note.

2 Likes

QPR will receive another £500,000 if Austin makes England’s Euro 2016 squad and another £500,000 if he scores 12 goals before the end of the season.

lol just the £4m after all then. Good work, les, you crafty bastard!

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Originally posted by @Optimus-trousers

Sourced from A Vine share by Southampton FC vine

Southampton FC - (SouthamptonFC) on 16/01/2016

Charlie Austin scores a superb goal against #SaintsFC with previous club QPR FC in September 2014. ( St Mary’s Stadium )

https://vine.co/v/iOgiF1vHt5z

Loops: 169

…torpidly generated by Optimus trousers…beta v1.6

I was there when that went in, a beautifully taken goal. That was the moment I wanted him in stripes.

Apparently, Garth Crooks was spoffing off about our transfers on MoTD2 last night. He reckons that Mané is going because we’ve bought transfers. I’m a huge fan of his punditry, obviously.

7 Likes

It seems that QPR have pretty much been forced into this sale but the minimum I expected of them was a hefty sell-on clause.

So if he scores a goal a game until May and gets himself into the England squad that will cost us a million quid - and in doing that he will have outscored everyone in the Premier League and immediately raised his value to somewhere above £20m!..

Benteke £32m?

Liverpool are the biggest mugs in world football.

Who is doing their recruitment?!

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

Les Reed

8 Likes

£500,000 if he scores 12 goals before the end of the season.

That’s worth half a mill of anyone’s money.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Sussexsaint

Les Reed

Nah it was Lallana, in his spare time while not scoring any goals.

1 Like

Norwich paying £8.5m for Naismith :lou_lol:

It seems that QPR have pretty much been forced into this sale

I don’t really like these cunts who run down their contracts, although it’s pretty sweet when ur on the right end of it. Austin ain’t too bad I suppose, cos I figure it was more QPR doing their trademark fiscal risk-taking, than him particularly wanting to play in the Championship, but cunts like what Ings done to Burnley, and i.e. Clyne done to Palace, and to a lesser extent, us. They should make it so that if a bro declines an Improved Contract, that is the same as a Transfer Request, meaning bros forfit Loyalty Bonuses etc. That’s the way to put a stop to this cuntish behaviour IMO.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Bucks

Good Player IMO. Decent price.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Bearsy

Originally posted by @Bucks

Good Player IMO. Decent price.

Agree. That’s a good bit of business for Norwich.

Really? He’s overpriced by at least £3.5m IMHO.

General consensus amongst my L3 Sports students is that Austin is “a fooking cracking deal”.

2 Likes

what if the club offers a 10 year contract on £1 a week more?

I would be ok with that. Sign it, or Fuck Off, Victor. Choice is yours.

Market innit. I reckon that’s a good deal. Would’ve been happy if we’d signed him…pre-Charlie Austin obviously.

Originally posted by @TheCholulaKid

Originally posted by @Flahute

Really? He’s overpriced by at least £3.5m IMHO.

Market innit. I reckon that’s a good deal. Would’ve been happy if we’d signed him…pre-Charlie Austin obviously.

Sorry to do a Baz and repeat myself, but there’s next to no point looking at fees when Prem clubs are involved. Every team has too much money (I heard on the radio t’other day just being in the Prem for a season basically guarantees you’ll be amongst the richest 30/40 clubs in the world).

It’s all daft, and it’s only going to get worse when the new TV deal kicks in next season.

He’s a decent player, and it’s probably not that awful a fee. Think it does highlight further what a steal Austin was though.

Got to say I’d have been 'kin livid if we’d signed him. One of those players who I’ve never seen what the fuss is about.