:cash: Cashless Society?

I fucking hate this proposed dystopia.

I do not want to see

1 x QTR Lebanese Brown - £60.00

On my bank statement. I am not cool with this.

1 Like

Agree. Go with the sativa.

For me to get money in my UK bank account the following has to happen.
Manager offshore in South China Sea sends time sheet to KL Malaysia.
Manager in KL checks time sheet and sends to Monaco office.
Monaco office check time sheet and send to Payment dept in Marly Switzerland
Marly office work out payment due and request bank in Switzerland to send remittance to Philippine account
Banks route money though US , Hong Kong, China, to Manila.
Manila then sends to Batangas bank branch.
I can then transfer funds from Philippines to UK bank if the system is not down for maintenance.
And people wonder why I still carry cash.

3 Likes

Mock shock indignation is a disease of the liberal.

No tax paid = No patriot = No say.
My verdict.

A post was merged into an existing topic: :desert_island: Barry Island - Home of the Whopper :hamburger:

Barry, please calm it down.

Your language is getting pretty poor lately.

@Barry-Sanchez, can I echo the requests from @Intiniki and @Cobham-Saint.

A Mod has asked you to change your posting style and a post has been flagged and moved, so please tone it down.

Cheers.

2 Likes

I rarely carry cash now and the people who suffer most as a result are charity collectors - specifically the big issue sellers. I feel terrible as I used to donate or buy something regularly but I just don’t have cash any more.

Oh, and the kebab shop in Winchester by the station is cash only which is why I owe my mate Halo £30!

1 Like

£30 on kebabs?? You must be carrying a few extra pounds as a result mate :grinning:

LOL.

£30 in three trips and each time I arrive there I have forgotten that they are cash only and each time I borrow money from my mate (who is old school) and each time I forget that I had already borrowed money from him last time (drunk) and each time I commit to paying him back next time…

He’s a good lad.

If I had a mortgage, I’d get him to pay it for me.

1 Like

Halo is a Saint…ffs how cliched is that.

Unless it concerns politicians we don’t like or agree with, can I pull up swearing then?

What the fuck has tax paid got to do with a cashless society ?

Just asking like is it relevant to this thread?

And for your information I do pay tax in Malaysia and Philippines.

Even cards are changing. When my missus got her new bankcard a few months ago it no longer has raised numbers on it. I guess those carbon copy machines all shops used to have are obsolete now.

1 Like

Hardly ever see a cheque nowadays either. Customers almost invariably used to pay me by cheque, maybe 1 in 10 or 20 might pay cash. Now its mainly bacs, so much so that I’ve had my bank details added to my business cards as well as invoice pads and letterheads.

Been doing some company work as well recently for a firm that only pay cash on the nail on the day, they don’t have an invoicing system for local contractors. So I’ve got a couple of grand mounted up in readies, there’s nothing particular I need to buy at the moment so it’ll probably just go straight onto the credit card. I’ve nothing against cash per se, in fact I always carry a couple of hundred each in sterling, euros and dollars just in case, but it’s surprising how bulky a couple of thousand is compared to just getting a card out. No change clanking around in your pocket either, no need with nearly everywhere having contactless nowadays.

1 Like

Re swearing, you had a simple and polite request to limit your swearing in direct replies to her.

Personally, I’m fine with you using industrial language in replies to me / others (unless they directly object).

But know that when most of your adjectives are profane…

a) it makes you look uber angry, all of the time (even on a whimsical thread about cashless society!?!)
b) it makes you look like you’ve lost the argument

You cunt.

x

6 Likes

Young Adult #2 when using cash works on a notes only basis.

He builds up his change and then gives is to Mrs CS, who credits his bank account. She then uses the coins to pay for her morning coffee at the train station…

2 Likes

Cool but to be fair I’ll suffer the same outrage when I see someone swear on here and childly point it out.

Maybe Southerners are more Bernie Winters than Frankie Boyle I suppose…