:cardiffcityfc: Cardiff v Saints :saints: (PL)

He has been in and out through injury + some twat spending a fuck ton of money on Hoedt and Vesterchocolatefiregaard. As for Stephens, You are just wrong. For a change.

1 Like

He wasnā€™t the required standard then and isnā€™t now, when has he ever truly been 1st choice? He is a good stand in but not good enough in a flat back four, Stephens isnā€™t good enough but Iā€™ll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he isnā€™t ready yet and should play in the 2ndā€™s.

You canā€™t deny that defence whoever plays isnā€™t good enough to stay up, the manager said yesterday you canā€™t make mistakes like that and win, weā€™ve been making them all season so weā€™re screwed as it stands regardless of who is manager.

Who do you think we should keep hold of Baz and who do you think we should bin off?

I think it is imperative we secure permanent moves away for Boufal; Carillo; Clasie; Forster and Reed (canā€™t see him ever breaking into the first team, even if we drop a division). On top of that I would get rid of Hoedt if anyone will have him. Even if we donā€™t recoup market value for them it will free up wages and allow us to develop the squad.

I think we should keep hold of Sims and McQueen as I still think they can do a job for us (esp. if Bert Rand fucks off and also if we are sent packing to the championship).
With the rest of the current midfield I think Hasenhuttl has enough quality to work with.

2 Likes

McCarthy/Gunn
Cedric/Valery Yoshida Stephens Bertrand
Romeu Lemina
PEH Armstrong
Redmond Ings

• Austin, Gabbiadini, JWP, Elyounoussi, Targett, Hoedt, Fireguard, Bednarek, Obafemi, Long.

Unless more than half of that squad play like massive cunts for the whole season, any manager worth their salt should be able to galvanise that lot into a half decent side.

1 Like

Not with those defenders.

I agree, if just one of Hoedt, Fireguard or Bednarek had a bit more about them then the task would be a hell of a lot easier. Still think thereā€™s enough though. Time will tell.

Anyone who picks Targett or McQueen to play ahead of Bertrand has either spent too much time on fiverweb or is smoking some weird shit.

Who has suggested that Phil?

Fans who compile the get rid of /sell to raise cash lists for January that include Bertrand.
Plenty on fiverweb and has been mentioned on here more than once

I think you will find Bertrand wants off and has for at least a season and a half. He is always in a strop and is just taking his wage for a Bosman. To sell him in January might just be the best for both parties

That is logic but Targett isnā€™t as good as a sulking Bert. So yet another recruitment riskā€¦

Yes, true. If we do end up with a not quite Bertrand and a better Targett, is that a good thing, considering the risk?

Nope.
Imho.
We need to find/sell 1 or 2 cbā€™s, dump Forster at least on loan paying some of his wages, and then find a consistent 6/10 EPL ready full back? In January?
Might be possible on CM but very few deals get done at that time of season in reality.
We need consistency not potential 30 points from 22 games we got 9 from 16 so farā€¦

Fair play. End of season it is then

Who bought these players?
Who allowed it?

Theyā€™re so short of whats needed from what we had it as a business (if thats what we are) is laughable, even when we were really shit struggling every year we always had one quality centre back, we donā€™t have anywhere near that and that is with our money and supposed reputation.
Kruegar is responsible for a lot of this, the man is full of shit and a charlatan.

I thought it was Les Reedā€™s fault? Kruegerā€™s just a mouthpiece isnā€™t he?

He allowed this poor plicy of buying shite by not sacking sooner, the clubā€™s problems are far far more than the charlatan that is Reed.

So you think when Krueger was appointed HE should have sacked Reed?

Just imagine the utter meltdown IF Ralph 1 had been in any way sticking his nose into Footballing Matters.

How quickly some have forgotten Rupert.

Whether he interferes or not is moot (in that regard to Lowe), he employs and oversees decisions, the decisions have consistently been poor.