:cardiffcityfc: Cardiff v Saints :saints: (PL)

:cardiffcityfc: v :saints:

• New manager bounce, Saints win convincingly
  • Saints struggle after a hard training session but come through with a narrow victory
  • Bore Draw
  • Score Draw
  • Bluebirds make Saints blue

0 voters

Lawro is a @saintbletch’s favourite drunk word, Josh Warrington, on the other hand, seems like a cool guy

Cardiff v Southampton

New Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl was in the stands to see his new side get comprehensively beaten by Tottenham on Wednesday night, and it will be interesting to see what team he picks after spending so little time with his players.

Hasenhuttl will get a reaction, because suddenly everyone is playing for their place now Mark Hughes has left.

But I don’t think he will know too much about Cardiff, and I am pretty sure he won’t have crossed paths with Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock before.

So this is a case of ‘welcome to the Premier League’ for Hasenhuttl and this is going to be a tough test for him.

Cardiff have won three of their last four home games, and I can see them getting another victory here.

Lawro’s prediction: 2-1

Josh’s prediction: I can see the Saints getting a win over the Welsh boys. 1-3

i am with Josh 1-3 Saints :grinning:

Are Bert Rand and Dings likely to be back for this one? If so I’ll go with:
MC CarThief
See-Saws Stephen Jacks Yo!Shida Bert Rand
Lemons Hoj
Strongarms Redderz
Dings Gabbi

Don’t think Bertie will be there

And 5-2-2-2? I not so sure that’s quite a legal formation…

5?

See-Saws
Stephen
Jacks
Yo!Shida
Bert Rand

OIC you’ve made a playful pun on Jack Stephens and got me confused…I look foolish…luckily I have mod edit powers…

It’s your age Bob.

1 Like

I get the impression both Bertrand and Ings are still crocked. Not seen them in any training photos when passively scanning. I could be wrong though.

I am fascinated to see who he picks at centre half. It is without doubt our weakest area, devoid of quality. Was he impressed with Vestergaard in Germany? Bearing in mind Cardiff will be launching a fuck load of long balls in to our box at every opportunity, we need somebody who will win a header at the back.

Tis going to be the beginning of a beautiful relationship between manager, players and fans. May well arse this result but look out for an unbeaten run. I feel it in my bones

5 Likes

Lots of effort, we’ll look much better and more positive in possession. We’ll hit the post they’ll make miracle clearances off the line and our defenders will leave their players unmarked at corners.
So basically no change but we’ll all feel more positive that we are starting to move forwards

2-0 Cardiff

2 Likes

I’ve had an late lunch & a bottle of Cab Sav. I’m broke.
I’m bored.
Do I make my 1 last 2018 trip to Barasti this week or next week?
Hmmm

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/1071404027836096512?s=20

That has to be the slowest centre back pairing we could field.

That confirms this week’s unsubstantiated rumour that Romeu fell out with Hughes

Interesting! Bednarek and Vestergaard. Clearly not impressed by the three who played at Spurs. Presume Cedric is injured?

Looks like a 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1.

Three centre backs on the bench though. I’m guessing injuries elsewhere have contributed to that as much as anything else.

Pleased to see Bednarek get a game

1 Like

How to win friends and influence people - drop Hoedt.

So, I don’t know what formation we’ll be lining up in but I think about a million games ago I said to @Goatboy and @Fowllyd at the pub that if we played Lemina, Romeu and PEH in front of a back four then you could play loads of creativity ahead and have some fun. My plan falls down with Austin but I reckon we might be solid and that’s a start.

1 Like

I guess he’s expecting aerial bombardment rather than running in behind.

hope so.