:brightonfc: Brighton v Saints :saints: (League Cup)

:brightonfc: v :saints:

Edit on August 23, 2018 8:55 AM: date and time confirmed

1 Like

Phew. Won’t have time for a trip to Wembley next year so good to get this Cup exit out the way nice and early…

3 Likes

Well, after the Seagulls performance against Man United I think the kids should get a run out.

2 Likes

Draw a line under the debacle of the home defeat by Leicester and lets see what happens here.

what are the rules
two legged
one leg and replay
One leg extra time and penalties

if the last it will go to penalties and we will win.

I think they go straight to penalties, no extra time for League Cup games now,

maybe we should go straight to penalties and not play the game at all?

They way we’re playing right now, works for me!

Gotta play the kids.
We won’t.

Thread bump.

Adam Blackmore with an ‘out there’ theory.

We’ll all be rushing to the Predict the Starting Eleven thread to remove Yoshida and Gabbiadini.

That would be a TERRIBLE move for us. I can’t see it though.

I’m pinning all my hopes on Yoshida forming a semi-useful partnership with Vestergaard. Yes, I just said that. I wouldn’t be against Bednarek going out on loan though. Or selling Stephens…

Hughes has been playing two up top so far so selling Gabby would leave us short of options in the event of an injury. I can’t see Gallagher making too many appearances.

2 Likes

I think we’re all just waiting for a CB partnership to ‘gel’, aren’t we?

So the longer it goes on, and the longer we feel like we haven’t seen the pairing, the more sins from the past we’ll forgive.

I think Yoshi and Vestergaard could work really well.

But we also need a settled DM pairing to protect the CBs in open play.

I really wished we’d found the CB partnership whilst playing some of the ‘lesser’ teams. But we haven’t.

Palace, Brighton, Liverpool and Wolves coming up so we’d better find it soon.

3-0 Brighton.

Tonight’s Line-up

I quite like the formation and am looking forward to seeing Targett get a chance. Also Armstrong and Davis in the same team could see goals through the middle (at both ends, mind).

Disappointed that we didn’t give Valery a run-out at right back. Stephens doesn’t seem like the answer there. But I haven’t seen enough of Valery to know if he’s ready.

1 Like

Is this being shown anywhere?

Doesn’t look like it from a scoot around Twitter.

Looks like a 4-1-4-1 unless Davis sits deep with Romeu. Can’t see Armstrong playing back there.

Forster can’t even get on the bench in a cup game so maybe he is finally on his way out?

I’m really quite excited about Armstrong, Davis and Gabbiadini playing together.