:brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsPolitics/status/1062658883787911168

https://twitter.com/TomMcTague/status/1062604343336144897

2 Likes

The problem is the use of the term moderate to describe MPs that consistently vote in favour of military wars, or foreign lobbies.

They’re not moderate at all.

What moderation did they exhibit when cowboying up with George W Bush?

1 Like

I get the strong sense that the author doesn’t understand politics all that well.

Since when does the leader of the opposition call general elections?

1 Like

That was another fake / piss take thing.

You’ve gone off on a tangent. The “problem” is not with MP’s (i didn’t mention them), but with the centre-left members or supporters of the Labour Party being hounded because they are not left wing enough.

As far as I am aware, the purpose of a political party is to get into government. This is generally done best when that party has mass appeal and gathers more votes than the others. It seems to me that hounding members of your own party into not supporting that party, alongside insulting others with a different viewpoint, when they should be trying to get their votes, does not stand much chance of achieving this objective.

1 Like

Fox is happily selling us(on the cheap) to America, with the usual tory bollocks.
“if we’re able to remove the barriers to trade that we have.”
The Americans know and are going to take all they can.
US commerce secretary, Wilbur Ross, has warned that any deal will be contingent on the UK dropping EU regulations".
No one in the msm is reporting on it, or on those pointing out the obvious.
“Fox talks about increasing trade with the USA by removing barriers. But these so-called barriers include our food safety standards, environmental regulations and animal welfare laws like the ban on chlorine washed chickens, hormone injected beef and genetically modified foods,”

Everyone is to busy being led by the media, arguing over the past and no one is paying attention to the future. Shame that.

Have you been living in a cave for a few years?

It was members of my own party that decided that our party decision was wrong, that it was more important to spend three years undermining the leadership than actually going for a Labour government.

They had every opportunity to play ball as well, and every single time they were given an olive branch, they simply used that position of authority ( be it shadow minister post or whatever ) to undermine the leadership.

The simple fact is that they don’t belong in Labour. Never did. They’re the reason the party lost votes between 2005 and 2015. Most of them owe their jobs to Corbyn’s Labour, especially those in marginal seats, which New Labour elements refused to fund, leaving Momentum to go in on their own dime and do the campaigning.

I appreciate the viewpoint of an outsider looking in, but my advice would be to look harder. It isn’t Labour members that have been trying to throw elections.

Undermining the leadership? Or feeling unable to support. More leftist agenda recognising that the mass appeal needed to win not just one election but successive ones that actually allow government to make meaningful change is not going to happen without broader appeal… Blair was a cunt for brownosing bush and taking us into war - for that he should rot etc, but a more centrist POV and a willingness to adapt to modern global economic reality was what labour electable again… the fact it’s membership Previously was like the bastard love child of Dickensian squaller and 70s union agenda was never going to be a vote winner, nor will it ever be…

Again, I wonder if you’ve been living in a cave.

Centrism is dead. You can turn left or right. Your choice.

What are Centrists and progressives really?
I’ve always struggled with what they really stand for. Business as usual, Blair clones, seems to be the only answer, so noeliberal?
JC(not that one) thinks they’re dying. I don’t think it’s going to be that easy.
"In reality, Blair made Labour useful to power by re-styling the turbo-charged neoliberalism Margaret Thatcher’s Conservative party of the rich had unleashed. He made it look compatible with social democracy. Blair put a gentler, kinder mask on neoliberalism’s aggressive pursuit of planet-destroying power. "

Back for one post only.

Had a read of the last 24hs posts. Some very entertaining comments.

:lou_sunglasses:

2 Likes

Make it two please.
Progressive/Centrist, can you define their political stance?

Total meltdown on the Mail online. Somebody described it as basically an explosion in a gammon factory. More than a few openly calling for violence. This is not going to end well, which was entirely predictable. May will surely be facing a no confidence motion, a few political talking heads seem quite confident that it could happen as soon as tomorrow. Interesting times.

At I get it now… Pap says so, so it must be so.

Labels mean fuck all, and the disillusionment with politics is driven by parties regressing and retreating into the past extremes… and you think that is a good thing?

Good luck with that…countries with just two party extremes tend to be shit places to live… and governed by loons on both sides - never any long term infrastructure changes because there is never agreement and just short termist vote winning decision making… its bad enough in this country that we can’t even have a sensible debate about healthcare funding because some folk seem to think crumbling Victorian hospitals and long waiting lists is solvable by simply throwing more money at it… living in a cave? Will soon be the best option

1 Like

What’s happened. Is it the cabinet agreeing to May’s(the EU) deal?

This is a Centralist/Progressive, yes?
The last 20 odd years would suggest so.

That sounds like the UK now, the only way to long term investment is coalition Governments via proportional representation.
That won’t happen from either big two parties as they’ll give rise to extreme left and right parties similar to Europe.
Is democracy overrated?
For projects and a nation as a whole quite possibly.
That said how many fracking sites will be used down South over the North?

So she says! She looked awful outside No10 making her little statement. That haunted look, dead woman walking i’d say.