:brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

So, what data should we use?

You’re still ignoring the fact that you think a decrease in 9k people in the Labour market is the reason for a 3.2% increase in the wages of everyone in the UK…

Pinnear said it’ll be a miracle if there aren’t. IDS has already said this is against what was stated in the manifesto (it was), careerists will veer towards a deal but the big hitters (Gove, IDS, Johnson and JRM) will make it a very very uncomfortable next few weeks.

May has made an utter balls of this. She is utterly despised by the vast majority of grass roots Tory members that are still around. There is no way that she can carry her base with this.

I think we could be looking at some very turbulent political times.

This is probably the worst thing that could happen for Corbyn. May is the Tory he’d have the best chance against, and if she goes, he’s done, unless he offers a second referendum.

There is so much insanely wrong with this I don’t know where to start. Prejudiced ill-informed drivel that has to be a wind-up.

1 Like

Let’s have a point by point dissection then.

That difficult third stringer has been rather difficult to come by, and for all the muster the likes of JRM might have with the Tory hardcore, he’s going to be seen as a softie and/or as out of touch as the rest of them. His gaff is a stately home and paid for by the taxpayer. He’d have to have some serious retail policy in the bag to have a chance.

I’ve spoken to people who voted Cameron, and a lot of people just thought he was a good bloke. He had that quality. I do not know which freak will emerge from the flotsam that follows this shit, but I can’t conjure many candidates that’d fit that description in the way Cameron could.

I see plenty of candidates that’d growl loud in a Conservative leadership election, few that will appeal to the general public when push comes to shove. The one thing that the public have learned about Corbyn in the last few years is that he can take a bit of shit and handle it with dignity.

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1062456175797682177

JRM would be a fucking disaster. He’s a deplorable oik. What you say about Cameron is true, it’s why I voted for him first time around.

Honestly, I don’t know who it will be, although people will still go for BoJo. Could also be Hammond, although that’s leaving another Remainer in charge, and not sure anyone wants that again.

Theresa has been trucking with the DUP. She’ll be used to demands.

Just out of interest, I am yet to read a solution to the Norn Ireland issue.

Is there actually a workable solution, or does it make Brexit literally unimplementable?

DUP will be out now. Labour just got to be careful with which way they’ll vote.

Why do I keep reading the headline “Draft Brexit deal” as

Daft Brexit deal ?

Dangling the carrot of a vote in the North will bring everyone into line behind the scenes, Dublin couldn’t afford nor want the hassle and couldn’t admit that, Unionists would fall into line straight away, London would get its wish of a united Ireland and a far wealthier Great Britain.

Pie in the sky of course but there is some truth in that.

They done a deal?
Now the fun will start.

Tory Brexiters don’t have the bollocks to launch a leadership bid. They are spineless charlatans, preferring to snipe from the sidelines until Brexit is finished, as they know they can hide behind the obviously predictable “It’s not what I would have done” when it’s too late to do anything about it. If they were serious, they would have disrailed May well before now.

Corbyn and Labour are no better. They see Brexit turmoil as a (slim) chance to get into power so have spent their time over the last two years rooting out nasty moderates and war mongering Blairites from the Party and kicking themselves up the arse over anti semitism - all diversionary tactics designed to appease their internal strife at the expense of providing an effective opposition. They’re just waiting for their chance to force an election which they think they might win, forgetting the fact they will struggle to gain enough support at the ballot box because Corbyn’s flying media monkeys are so virulently aggressive towards large swathes of the population. Unforgivable at a time when we needed a strong and effective opposition to this appalling Government.

I’ll get back on the fence now. :wink:

The effective opposition argument is one that I have repeatedly used on this forum since Corbyn became leader. My biggest issue is that without an effective opposition it has left the Tories with a mandate to do what they want and to be as incompetent as they want.

1 Like

Who are these large swathes that Corbyn’s flying media monkeys are having a go at?

The munchkins?

His Twitterati supporters are a great example - they can be a nasty bunch of cunts. No place in the modern Labour party for moderates it seems.

Moderates = Tory enablers / Blairites
Liberals = Wannabe Tories.
Tories = Fascists.
Good %age of the population right there.