:brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

1 Like

There is only one thing you need to know about this cunt.

1 Like

Thought this was made up. Apparently not.

I suppose it makes sense that they plan for every eventuality. It also shows the EU that we’re prepared for no deal.

Well here it is…

I haven’t studied it yet but here’s some commentary…

You gotta love Trump…

Seems he now wants to govern the “free” world. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

He says there’s no chance of getting a trade deal. Presumably this would have been the mythical trade deal that would have seen us take a ticket and queue in line for a decade or two before being called forward by the US to have our arse spanked, long after the shit wigged twat has departed this world.

3 Likes

So clearly the Tories don’t agree on this white paper, with some wildly opposing views. Ditto labour (Kier Starmer v Chuka Umunna for example). Throw in the pig headed bulldozer that is Trump too, but there is one thing they all agree on: individually they all know what deal the people voted for.

As @Bletch rightly pointed out a while ago, the people were not asked. There is no better illustration of the fact that all politicians of all persuasions blatantly lie.

4 Likes

Posted by me, elsewhere.

When arch Remainer, Corbyn basher and prince of darkness Peter Mandelson says that no deal is better than Theresa May’s bad deal, perhaps even some of the most ardent Remainers on WSJC Brexit Debate might recognise that the Prime Minister’s plan to turn us into Vichy Britain is a bad one.

Filed under “fuck me sideways”

Trump’s advice: Sue the EU.

Presumably through, the EU courts.

The courts we’re committed to leaving…that will soon have no jurisdiction over us…that we will soon not recognise the jurisdiction of.

Could work.

If we stay in.

Trump knows very little about Brexit or this country in general.

Neither does Alan Duncan, apparently, one of the few Tory politicians that I used to respect, and generally noted for not being as truculent or fact-free as the Trumpster.

He has just been on Pienaar’s Politics effectively saying that anyone going against May’s version of Brexit, or May herself, is going against the country.

Interesting that May has revealed that advice. It’s clearly stupid and I think she’s openly mocking him after his comments before the visit. The special relationship seems a little more shaky after his visit.

We’ve just bought 650m worth of rockets from the US.

Have we slapped a 25% import duty on them…I hope so. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

That’s normal trade. Doesn’t mean we have a special relationship.

I think that has been evident for a long time, @Fatso.

Have you seen our extradition treaty with the US?

So discussion all over the media about various ‘players’ calling for a second referendum to decide what type of Brexit we should have. Some suggesting that a no Brexit option should also appear.

How do we feel about that?

• We don’t need a 2nd referendum - let the politicians sort it out
  • A 2nd referendum makes sense but should not have a no Brexit option
  • A 2nd referendum makes sense including a no Brexit option.

0 voters

The logic behind asking for no Brexit is that it would get a true sense of what people want so the other yes Brexit options would make sense.

I’d also support a referendum without the no Brexit option.

The vote would be hellishly complex with transferred votes or multiple stages and for that reason is unlikely to happen

The issue with having a referendum with an option for no Brexit, is that it would be an automatic win for Remain.

Assume the voting intention is the same as the first referendum 52:48. If you have more than one Brexit Option then you split the Leave vote and Remain win

Maybe we should restrict it to

Completely out - WTO / no deal / Up yours delors
Common Market style relationship - without freedom of movement / ECJ etc
Custom Union / Single Market membership

2 Likes

Whoops, how do you change your vote?