:brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

Straight off the plane Monday morning and whisked straight to #10 to sort this shit out

Wouldn’t even need to wear a cape

2 Likes

Thinking about this - it will probably help TM’s rule now she hasn’t got as many people undermining her…they’re removing the split.

Yeah except she is in the Commons about now then has to sell her idea to Back Benchers at a meeting straight afterwards.
#norwegianblue

1 Like
2 Likes

She has not a hope. If she can’t get David Davies and BOJO to sign off on it, how the fuck is she going to get the chinless twat Rees-Mogg and his crew to agree.

1 Like

So, can anyone tell me why an opposition coalition cannot form to force an election on a cancel Brexit ticket?
Or will this just limp on

1 Like

Cos Jezza wants out as well.

The Libs went to the polls on a remain ticket and still won fuck all seats

1 Like

I am just pleased for you that you feel that In doing so we will be better off… and that ‘fear’ is. just a figment of an over fertile remainer imagination… when we actually leave and we see the impact, that might be a better time to be smug… or not …

1 Like

In fairness, the Leave Camp repeatedly dismissed these claims as ‘Project Fear’.

Seems pretty odd that the justification for an action not asked is that the other side made this claim whilst we vehemently denied it.

Really.dodgy times for both parties.

May’s attempts to be seen to embrace Brexit and give the referendum voters what we wanted, but at the same time not fucking the country any more than possible is failing.

Shes brutally exposed now and Remainers hate her and now Brexiteers will hate her.

But as someone said higher up the thread, Labour does not want to be in power as getting our post-Brexit configuration wrong (or as some of us believe - simply taking us out of some or all of the EU institutions) will fuck the party for decades. It will be like the 2008 financial disaster (which is always hung round Brown’s neck) on steroids.

Given that staying in is not an option, I have no idea what I want to happen.

It’s scary.

1 Like

Leave on the required date regardless of what deals have been done.

That is what the People voted for.

Dont fuck with the people.

The “people” need to think about what they thought they were voting for.

Arguably it’s still not clear, but it certainly ain’t an extra £350 million a week for the NHS.

But @Cobham-Saint that was not the question I answered.

The people Voted to leave.

The incumbent government invoked the leave timescale.

You cannot retrospectively say “oh we didnt vote for this”

Yes you did end off.

29th March 2019 the UK leaves the European Union

I may have the day correct here as well.

Lies damn lies statistics and opinion polls.

No doubt others will show 15% swing the other way but…

1 Like

I mean, honestly. Shame on the politicians looking at this sweltering hot, heady summer of football and thinking: “Ooh, this would totally be enhanced by a general election”. Really? REALLY? Let us be very clear: stay away from Gareth and stay out of our fun.

Retweeted Peter Smith (@Redpeter99):

Brexiters are like my dog Stan. He spent 15 years chasing neighbour’s cats. One day he cornered one and didn’t have a clue what to do next. So he sat down and licked his balls. #BrexitShambles

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/DVATW/status/1016419037729914880

Well that seems pretty sensible to me. Surely she’d want to surround herself with people who will deliver the softest of soft Brexits, and those that will support her, rather than those acting to undermine her?

2 Likes