:brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

Ok @pap - your opinion.

Happen to think you are taking points that suit you to cobble together a world view that a lot of people agree with. A lot if people just accept what look like cogent arguments if it fits their world view and are too lazy to question.

My prerogative Is not to agree with you - Normally that sort of comment elicits a rabid respone, usually in Capitals.

Had to chuckle the other day when one of my more rabid Brexiteer colleagues was pontificating and said Churchill would have been a complete Brexiteer and on various forums people take the same view. Iā€™d say he was many things but a few instructional minutes online (away from nutter forums) would confirm the opposite.

Again, my prerogative to say and believe the opposite to you.

Respectfully, @Cobham-Saint, it isnā€™t opinion.

It is a matter of historical record, in documents referenced, referendums held, and actions taken afterwards.

We share many of the same years on this planet, sir. You and I both should remember the Lib Dems opportunist rage at the Lisbon Treaty being an implementation of the EU Constitution by stealth, and that Nick Clegg, of all people, was offering an in-out referendum.

I genuinely donā€™t think people appreciate the sea-change in that treaty.

http://www.politicalscrapbook.co.uk/john-petley/the-treaty-of-lisbon-a-constitutional-revolution-by-stealth/

echo-of-a-scream

1 Like

David Davis resigns.

Itā€™s not quite officially a clusterfuck, but weā€™re edging closer.

1 Like

Whilst delivering Brexit was never going to be an easy gig to get away, TM does seem to being making a bit of a pigs ear of it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the problem with democracyā€¦ the ā€˜peopleā€™ may want the ā€˜benefitsā€™ of brexit, but everyone also wants to maintain the benefits of staying inā€¦ but hey whatever happens with all the economic and trade shite, we still got our country back, and it will be the end of the mullahs and Syrians and stuff for coming over hereā€¦

As much as I think Davis has been a twat at times, he will have built ā€˜relationshipsā€™ and will know the processes.

Got to admire anyone that resigns on matters of principle.

But itā€™s yet another example of someone who thinks they know what people voted for. They donā€™t. The question had no details.

4 Likes

I was not allowed to vote for various reasons but if I was allowed it would hve been To leave.

As far as I am aware the question was ā€œDo you want Brussels and an un elected qorum ruling you or the Elected members of Parliament?ā€

I get, more and more, the feeling that our Theresa is deliberately trying to fuck it up. She was, after all, a remainer before she got the gig.

1 Like

What is it March 19th 2019 The United Kingdom of England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland leave the European union

A day for the history books .

1 Like

Perhaps it really is time for a revolution, military coup or just re-instate The Royalty in charge.

I mean how the actual fuck can you ELECT people like this?

Iā€™m away for two fucking daysā€¦

Probably for the best. Mayā€™s Brexit isnā€™t Brexit.

As Iā€™ve said before, people did know that leaving meant leaving the single market and customs union. They knew this because the supposedly disastrous effects of leaving either were hammered home by Remainā€™s main players.

This Brexit shitā€™s going well isnā€™t it?

Who could have predicted weā€™d end up in this mess, eh?

Site looks wicked by the way @pap @saintbletch, congrats!!

5 Likes

If this leads to the downfall of the government, superb.

Not confident though. By normal standards, this government ought to be toast already.

1 Like

The REASON it isnā€™t toast Pap is the poisoned chalice.
Whoever presides over the actual Brexit will become unelectable for a generation.
Everyone is playing the waiting game

2 Likes

Boris goes

1 Like

House of cards is crumbling

True, it would be good to see it crumble.

BJ gone now as well, so itā€™s well on its way.

1 Like