:brexit: Brexit - Deal or no deal

Simple facts are the easiest for people to follow. I’d expect him to be more eloquent Pap but no less correct then myself.

I’m a little miffed because Prime Minister chickening out wasn’t included in the poll options.

1 Like

Its realpolitik, muddying the waters and going more options continues to weaken the Brexit view and dilutes.
My guess after today.

May loses vote.
No confidence in May.
New leader.
Leave postponed.
New vote.
Result?

It’d better be leave again or there will be chaos.

Ouch.
Basically, she never had a chance, they want only to win, not negotiate.

Only one possible outcome.

https://twitter.com/KushlasBySanaer/status/1072617995107819522

1 Like

As it’s looking likely, some arguments which may soon get a going over:

They’ll bottle it, give another vote, the South will win and we’ll in turn be stuck with tory cunts for the next 50 years and have populist right wing parties in the commons, fucking great win for the working person…

Leaving one un-elected undemocratic organisation that governs our trade around the world for another un-elected, undemocratic organisation that governs our trade with other countries who have already lodged disputes with our WTO proposals.

'Triffic.

1 Like

At least the WTO only governs trade, eh?

At least it doesn’t want control of our food supply, our territorial waters or our internal laws.

Come to that, it probably won’t conscript our children into an EU Army so that it can resume adventures in the bread basket of Europe.

I reckon we’re increasingly heading toward second vote territory, only this time, it will be May’s shit deal versus Remain.

That won’t go down very well at all.

Short of Leave or Remain again, lm not sure how it can go ahead without a load of acrimony about vote splitting

maybe it should be 4 choices

No Deal
Shit Deal
Remain but with no further changes / treaties ets
Remain accepting all future federalisation, tax harmonisation Eu army, shengen etc

1 Like

Probably the best idea, but we’ve got to have a run off vote if we’re running more than two choices.

I personally have no problem with that. AV would be a close second, but in this case, I’d actually prefer the run-off so that people felt the weight of each vote, and most importantly, the result.

So happy to acquiesce on trade to an unelected, undemoratic body as long as we get control of fishing rights, law making, etc? Essentially sounds like the current WA to me.

And all this bollocks about an EU Army is just Project Fear. It doesn’t exist. Don’t worry, poor old 'umble and 'onest working class British lads won’t be pressed ganged by groups of shady Germans into serving in the trenches anytime soon.

If there was a 2nd vote it would have to be binary as any other way would split the leave vote, a denial of this vote when before all parties said they would accept the result would turn people of main parties and to the fringes, Labour would lose the most.

We already have an EU foreign Office. They have already mooted greater cooperation of defense - I dont expect an EU Army to pop up overnight. The Eu works be mission creep - It has for the last 50 years. In 50 years time I bet the EU have control in some way or form of the armed forces of its member states.

In the 70’s there was no way we would have accepted the single market and freedom of movement. So we start with a common trade deal and it has developed over time from there. Let the people get used to the new reality, then change the reality.

They can get screwed, if it was cost neutral and we had control over our borders, our maritime borders and courts then maybe it’d be a big fat yes from me.

That’s why I suggested a run off vote or AV (essentially a run off vote, turbocharged).

Only the final vote needs to be binary.

Yup, and member states have played the part of the slow boiling frog.