:brexit: Brexit - Deal or no deal

half 8ish

The Domus, i’m told, shouldn’t be drunk until next year, at the earliest. A good start, i’m on my way to keeping some for over a year(that’d be a first).
Whilst thinking about it, i did a quick search and was horrified at what i found.
Rated 90(Joint lowest ever) and it just went down hill from there i’m afraid, when the first review i read, said this(bit at the end).

“Aromas of wild brush and herbal berry fruit include notes of leather and juniper. On the palate, this is more lugubrious and syrupy than in the past. Blackened berry, chocolate and charred flavors precede a finish with lingering burnt toast flavors and excess weight. Drink now; this lacks the acidity and structure for aging.”

So 20:38 it is🍷
Is this a trusted guide?

2 Likes

Not heard of that wine mag before

Usually use a combo of BErry Bros, decanter, Parker (wine advocate) and Jancis Robertson and if they all rate a wine I consider it to buy - for laying down purposes.

Everyday I am much less fussy

Brexit is a form of slow torture delivered by this useless government who are only out for themselves

1 Like

Keep up Sharkie. All MPs are out for themselves whether in the current totally split / ruinously argumentative government, the utterly non-functioning opposition or the parties of minimal relevance and even less ability.

Happy to help

I’m not a political person but we’re being sold out and thats why ive not voted in over ten years this government is not fit to govern and weve been sold out to EU

2 Likes

Theresa May is a control freak moron that eventually used her last ounce of political wit to get herself over-promoted.

Since then, sweet fuck all in the ideas department. She began her premiership by pilfering UKIP’s policies and being ordered around by Nick Timothy and Fiona Hill, people she needed around her because she has no idea about people.

She clearly believed her own press, at this point, more or less indistinguishable from the British media, when she called a general election in 2017, an absolute clusterfuck from start to finish, the worst election campaign from a major party that I’ve ever seen. Michael Howard must have punched the fucking air with joy when he saw that shit unfold. Michael Foot is having a tapdance in his grave.

Since then, she’s been toyed with by the EU like carrion in a lion’s den, minister after minister resigning, the reserves decreasingly impressive and obscure, breaking all kinds of Parliamentary precedents just to keep her shabby disaster of a political career going.

She is a cunt and has to go.

1 Like

What this country needs is another Maggie someone who stands no shit

The last thing this country needs is another Maggie. She got us into most of the shit we’re in today, and for all the rose-tinted retrospection, she was never very bright on this issue when you consider her career over the longer term.

Campaigned for Yes fervently in 1975, wearing that ridiculous jumper. Was destroyed by its acolytes when she refused to play ball after finally realising what the game was. One can only conclude that she fell for every last ounce of shit back in the seventies, back when we had a trade surplus.

Taking that into consideration, it’s little wonder she made such a long term mess of the country.

She done one thing right and that was to destroy the grip the trade unions had over this country.

The problem was she destroyed industry to do it, leaving us with this massively unbalanced economy, a shortage of skilled meaningful jobs that don’t require degrees.

We now live in a country where zero hour contracts or gig economy insecure work is commonplace, labour has been imported en masse and employee rights, especially in the first two years of employment, are close to nil.

Thatcher was a political arsonist that burned the national treasure to finance a war against organised labour. Pick any policy you like, privatisation, the council house sell off, her position on Europe, the war on the unions, and all of them have directly contributed to 2018’s myriad crises.

Housing shortage, people working in insecure poverty jobs, above inflation cost of living increases levied by private, foreign owned companies, offshoring, capital flows out of the country. Others put their mucky paws on the walls - New Labour privatised the railways, let’s remember, but they were following her vision.

Thatcher was a fucking disaster for this country. It has just taken 40 years to see the full extent of the wreckage.

I’m shocked

Yeah but if the unions was in power we would off been alot worse with them crippling the country at every turn

Biggest government defeat in history.

Isn’t this a lovely sight?

How so?

A better politician would have put out the fire without burning the rest of the country down.

1 Like

Brexit vote: Jeremy Corbyn tables vote of no confidence after May suffers historic defeat – Politics live

I am struggling to make sense of this.

I’m no fan of corporations, but can anyone tell me why McDonalds have lost their trademark here?

Lawyers for McDonald’s had provided printouts of its websites, examples of advertisements and packaging, three signed affidavits from its executives, and a printout of its Wikipedia page as evidence that it sells Big Macs across the EU and deserves a trademark.

The EUIPO ruled that “the evidence is insufficient to establish genuine use of the trademark” on Big Macs by McDonald’s across the EU.

“Taking into account the submitted evidence as a whole, it is concluded that the documents do not provide conclusive information that the products marked with the EUTM [European Union Trademark] are offered for actual sale, as there is no confirmation of any commercial transactions, either online, or via brick-and-mortar operations,” the EU office ruled.

Have these people never been to a Maccy Ds? They’ve been flogging Big Macs since they started.