šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ Brexit Day šŸ‘‹ šŸ‡ŖšŸ‡ŗ

Aye, am sure thats what many bar and hotel owners said too, when welcoming many from the EU willing to do those jobsā€¦ :wink:

Yeah, but the people I employ wonā€™t be living ten to a house and making you feel like an internationalist while theyā€™re working for poverty wages at Starbucks.

Plus I generally advocate for my staff to be well remunerated if they are decent. In fact, Iā€™m directly responsible for a 23 year old superstar with no degree earning Ā£35K.

Too soon with this poll. If only Iā€™d waited, I could have put ā€œburning an effigy of Terry Christianā€ as an option.

Frankly, Iā€™d still think he was a cunt if he were a Brexiter.

3 Likes

Any air raid sirens going off yet?

1 Like

5 Likes
2 Likes

We will never rejoin the EUā€¦ This country is generally very insular. We could have the worst economy, highest poverty levels and be constantly sending troops to illegal wars under US instruction, and there would still be just enough folks who would rather we remain fucked than take on the Euro, or let in a few Bulgarian folks simply looking to better their livesā€¦ let Katie Hopkins rejoice

ā€¦ reap what you sow etcā€¦

Unsurprisingly, there is an air of smugness about Brexit celebratorsā€¦ an unpleasant sneering and to be honest cuntish flag waving jingoistic rhetoric with false pretensions of celebrating ā€˜democracy being restoredā€™

If wanting to judge the true character of what this country has now gravitated towards, stop with the misguided belief its about democracy, and take a much closer look at the people who celebrating most and those that encouraged themā€¦ are they really that appealing?

1 Like

Tonight I will be ā€œcelebratingā€ with a trip to the brewery then the pub, a bottle of claret and a rum or two.

So standard Friday night.

1 Like

What is it with the ā€œlets celebrateā€ thing. Its done, move on. what a waste of energy.

1 Like

No fucking time for those who think itā€™s a) something to celebrate and crow against others in some kind of bizarre triumphalist wank-fest and b) those who cry and reckon theyā€™ve had their legs chopped off. Cunts, the lot of them.

2 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen. Can I gently remind people that this is a #monkey-tennis-1 thread.

Tongues are placed firmly in cheek, etc.

Lots of love to all those celebrating the joyous event that is Brexit Day! And much commiseration and jolly bad luck to those who didnā€™t vote to leave. Much love to you all!

2 Likes

Fuck off you even handed Bitch. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Vigils and celebrations as Scots mark Brexit day

Duke of Wellington

MARK MCGILLIVRAYCopyright: MARK MCGILLIVRAY

Candlelit vigils are planned across Scotland as part of a series of events marking Brexit day.

Organisers of the Leave a Light On gatherings are inviting people to join them to mark the ā€œsad occasionā€ of the UKā€™s exit from the European Union.

Meanwhile supporters of Brexit are being invited to celebrate the moment the country leaves the EU in Glasgowā€™s George Square.

Lol, Candle lit vigils???- fucking hell, what a bunch of melts

1 Like

Itā€™s Friday?
Thanks for the reminder. Iā€™d forgotten(again worryingly) and have just got to my parents, unloaded and am in the process of striping the walls so i can plaster tomorrow (Saturday ffs, what a twat).
Thereā€™s wine here and half stripped walls ainā€™t a bad lookšŸ™„

Pilfered from my own Facebook.

Itā€™s #BrexitDay.

For all the numpties that think the UK is about to start wearing pillow-cases with eye-holes cut out, Iā€™ve something to say.

Britain is the least racist country in the world of all Iā€™ve visited. Britons are the least racist people Iā€™ve met.

Iā€™m not saying weā€™re perfect. All countries have room to improve, but in my shortish lifetime I have personally witnessed a decline in racism, not an increase.

And donā€™t give me that white male privilege malarkey. Iā€™ve got plenty of relatives that arenā€™t white, and I know for a fact they get less shit than they did fifty years ago.

Itā€™s also a nonsense that white people are never exposed to racism. On the very few occasions Iā€™ve heard it expressed, itā€™s normally because white racists think they can get away with it in front of other white people.

They donā€™t get away with it while Iā€™m around.

In 1982, when social attitudes surveys began, around 80% of white British parents said theyā€™d object to their child bringing home someone who wasnā€™t white British. The last time that count was tallied, we were down to eight percent.

Weā€™ve come a long way since 1982 and weā€™re never going back. That is a tremendous credit to the citizens of this country.

One of the most depressing things about the past three years has been watching people falsely smeared with the terrible label of racism because they thought law-making should happen at home, not abroad.

We are not that country, rarely have been, even when it was all the vogue in the 1930s. We are certainly not that country in 2020.

Weā€™re a bloody miracle with room to improve.

Happy Brexit Day everyone.

Peace and love to all.

2 Likes

ā€œshortish lifetimeā€ :grinning:

1 Like
1 Like