🇬🇧 Brexit Day 👋 🇪🇺

It’s the 31st January, isn’t it? So, obviously, I’ll be doing what I do every 31st January.

Paying my fucking tax. :rage:

Stop with those nasty 3 letter swear words.

I’ll be celebrating with my NHS friends welcoming the 365mil a week extra windfall they are about to receive… well after transition period, obviously, but its a cert…

6 Likes

Liar

The bus said £350m :slight_smile:

TBH, I think for the next 12 months the new IR35 rules may cause more disruption than Brexit. It’s already absolutely crippling the banks, as they thought that contractors would just take inside IR35 jobs, with a 20% paycut, but funnily enough they won’t. Even the big consultancies are struggling as they have to top up their awful perm staff with skilled contractors, yet the banks have banned PSC’s (even through a 3rd party).

Whoops.

Perm salaries are now a lot higher in the IT game than they were. I made the move out of contracting over a year ago. Loads of people will be doing the same.

Oi. In my area many perm staff are not awful and on principle do not do agency work as it bleeds local authorities dry. So agency staff in my sector are awful and move from place to place not being addressed for their poor performance.

But companies aren’t replacing contract staff with perm staff, even if the wages were acceptable (which certainly in London it isn’t).

I’m talking about perm staff at companies like Capita, Capgemini etc.

Ah we had a lot of local gov staff transferred to Capita. Then they got in new staff - they were shocking. So agree with you there.

That’s on them.

We’ll be looking to benefit.

Ha. Wankers.

1 Like

I suggest a better ‘protest’ is to donate them to charities representing immigrants, refugees, promoting our best traditions of welcome and sanctuary and / or the Tressell Trust (They will need more donations…)

3 Likes

What makes me laugh is that this is a real version of the blue passport story. Except it’s not some random Daily Mail reader someone has picked on and represented as a whole.

This is Andrew fucking Adonis and Alistair fucking Campbell.

I say again, ha, wankers.

1 Like

Alistair Campbell, the unacceptable face of Malcolm Tucker.

What an absolute fucking cunt that man is. Very few public figures raise much more than a casual “I quite like/dislike him/her” from me, but he’s one of the exceptions that proves the rule, I detest him with an indescribable passion, and genuinely wish he had never existed. Lying, conniving, manipulative bastard, whatever he says I’m against.

How are you going to benefit?

Basically, a lot more contractors applying for perm jobs, and they tend to be better skilled than people applying from other permanent jobs. Kind of have to be.

Yeah, unfortunately it’s going to push wages down though…

It’s not unfortunate when you’re a hiring manager :smiley:

2 Likes