šŸŽ¼ Best first song on an album

Donā€™t know about best, but for a first song on a first album back in 1969(i was a month old when released), this is a great intro to what was to follow.

2 Likes

Fuck off. Youā€™re at least ten years older than me!

:lou_wink::lou_lol:

1 Like

Hard life Cob. Iā€™m a picture of aged disappointment(Ā£5 a pic, for anyone that wants to scare their kids).

1 Like

Iā€™d say this is more of a bait and switch for whatā€™s to follow. A great 3 minute rock song, when most of their other stuff was 10 minute wanky solos and lyrics about elves and ogresā€¦

Disagree, although they have done a few long songs, but not as many as you might think.
Letā€™s try another albums first song.

Or moving on, no elves or orges, but start the album with some lovely piešŸ˜

Not her best song, that comes a bit later(in the same album), but this is a hell of an introduction to, in my opinion, a massively underrated voice and album.

Any album that includes this.

And then this.

Is a beautiful rarity.

2 Likes

Saw her at Beautiful Days a few years ago and she was excellent.

Never seen her live, ,which is a disappointment i canā€™t blame on anyone but myself. Glad to hear you enjoyed her. Such an amazing voice.

Holy crap.

Havenā€™t heard that in years. The soundtrack of the end of my student days in Brighton and not having a clue about the real world, destructive relationships and the ending of an era etc etc etc

The standout point on that album for me is this:

Itā€™s a real shame sheā€™s been so fragile in her life.

Edit: and itā€™s a really good example of a really shit ā€˜80ā€™s videoā€¦

First time that album was played to me, blew me away. What a voice. Thatā€™s why any mention of her and instantly, Jackie springs to mind.

1 Like

Jackie has all the structure of an old Irish folk song which she dragged kicking and screaming into the modern day (1980ā€™s unfortunately)

Brilliant song.

Dunno

Headphones donā€™t do it justice

Another back in the day band :lou_lol: