Badge announcements (was One-Off badges)

There really needs to be a too much time on their hands badge.

Ah no actually not worth the effort of even posting that out there.

Just give Ohio something random to keep him happy

I’ve changed the title of the thread to reflect what this’ll be moving forward.

Just in case anyone wonders how these badges get allocated, it’s basically when I notice that people have been contributing and realise “oh shit, they don’t have a badge yet!”.

So I’ve addressed that and changed a few things around. Wall of Sound becomes a collective badge. I’ve been noticing the upvotes that jet sounds has been getting in the music threads. He’ll get that accolade on his next post.

We’ve needed to honour Redslo for a bit, so he is noted as Sotonians first football blogger.

Minsk and PhillipineSaint both get a badge for being proper exiles, and not just mincing about with moves up North, etc. On a similar vein, the boys from Australia will be pleased to see an Englishman handing them a gong, and not a berth on a transport ship. They get a badge too.

Ex-Trader and MrJalfrezi both have badges that are the product of my infantile sense of humour. They deserve the 20 points.

Ant has been added to Young Poster Contender.

Finally, and these are the big ones, but there are now two 50 point badges up for everyone. You’ll get a Spread the word badge on your next post if you’ve already posted 100 times. You’ll get another badge, Spread the Love , also worth 50 points, when you’ve upvoted people up 100 times or more.

The last two are a deliberate piece of forum social engineering. I’m trying to set a decent example by upvoting a lot myself, but there’s not enough of it, we’re not yet used to the culture, so let’s see if this makes a difference.

3 Likes

Now having moved beyond the under 21 squad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

am I no longer contender for Young Poster?

Is there a Veterans Poster Group? :wink:

There is not yet a Veterans Poster Group, but that doesn’t mean that it’s a bad idea. The original aim of those badges was to provide an accolate and a few points for playing. You’ve got an individual badge already (get you!) that no-one else has, so the immediate need to provide a counterpoint.

If however, I’m rounded on by a few “veterans” and am bullied into submission with that wisdom and experience shit you all pull, I’ll probably be swayed.

What is a veteran?

over 40 - gets my vote

Fuck off!

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Originally posted by @CB-Saint

What is a veteran?

over 40 - gets my vote

Fuck off!

Easy goat, you’ll set your gout off again :wink:

Well from sports perspective 40 is vets territory and given that this is a pseudo sports site I thought that would be the right line.

Over 40 :astonished:

It will be in my interest to be an over age player in the under 21…young poster contender :innocent:

1 Like

Hey just noticed I’ve got a Gordon Strachan badge! Thanks pap!
(glad it wasn’t a Begbie badge)

1 Like

Originally posted by @CB-Saint

Easy goat, you’ll set your gout off again :wink:

Well from sports perspective 40 is vets territory and given that this is a pseudo sports site I thought that would be the right line.

Yeah, but you’re perhaps forgetting that the site is run by a fucking manchild, recently turned 40, and not entirely okay with that just yet.

Just give me time to let it all sink in!

1 Like

Tell me about it, Pap. But that’s a whole new thread…

Shortly before he died at the age of 67 my uncle said to me, “I wish I’d known then what I know now: you’re still young when you’re 40”.

That was some years ago he said that. These days they say 60 is the new 40.

So, come on, cheer up you 40 year olds: you’re mere nippers really. :smile:

4 Likes

It has been a little quiet on the badge front, so I’m handing out a few more.

The following posters have all been assigned their first time individual badge, because they haven’t got one yet and have contributed to the site.

Twiggy
Spudders
Barry Sanchez
Morris Chutney - Lawyer Additionally, I’ve also given saintbletch
another point-wieldin’ badge on account of his work with the automatic news feed. He really did do the vast majority of that work, so deserves the credit.

These are all Post badges, meaning you’ll get them after your next post.

3 Likes

Cheers Pap, I’d like to thank a sever case of food poisioning for allowing me to be off work ill all week and be able to dedicate more time to the site, it’s been a pleasure (apart from the food poisioning bit!! That’s been awful!!)

1 Like

How about a new badge for “Killing off Threads”?

I’m up to TEN at present. Well eleven if no-one answers this.

Originally posted by @Lets-B-Drinking

Well eleven if no-one answers this.

WRONG! :wink:

40 is way too young to be a vet. We need a little bit of exclusivity! How about over 55?

There’s bugger all else to look forward to, other than getting access to some of the money the govt makes me stash away in a pension fund - and even then it’s a measly 10% each year until I get to “official” retirement age at 65. And don’t even get me started oh now the UK govt has screwed me over with my UK pension this year!

Go on - put that smile back on my dial and dish out the badge :slight_smile:

(grumpy) Smiler

1 Like

The transfer window is soon going to be shut, and I think we’re finally going to run out of Founding Centurion badges. I’m going to be in the badge making biz before September 1st.

While I’m about it, any nominations for bespoke badges?

A new badge to cover new members once we hit the end of the transfer window.

A load of new bespoke badges, born mostly out of trying to coax some lurkers out. They’re all post badges, so you won’t get one unless you post.

How about a “Golden Turd” badge for the week’s worst new topic. It shouldn’t relate to the number of responses the topic gets because, as we all know trolling often attracts a lot of traffic, even if most of it’s abuse.

It could be operated with a three strikes and you’re out penalty, the length of forum suspension to be decided by forum admin.

2 Likes